Processed two turkeys early for customers. Live vs dressed weight....

Nice looking birds! Congrats to you and your family for providing a nice product that gets sold out early. $3/lb. is the going rate around here for fresh turkeys/chickens; $4/lb. is fabulous!

This is my second year on the farm and selling meat (lambs/pigs/chickens) to friends at a fair price is a bit uncomfortable. But I am not a charity and they can always go to Walmart if they want cheap meat. I hope to raise prices in a few years, once I get my methods and markets down.

Quote:
One of my favorite sayings is "To be old and wise you first must be young and stupid." I just always tell everyone that I'm shooting for the old and wise part
big_smile.png

I only have a couple years on you, but my newest brainstorm is selling my super effecient house that I built myself 5 years ago and bhuying into a 160+ year old farm house
lol.png

Jeff, those look great. How about a turkey primer for those of us planning to raise turkeys for the first time next summer...like...me? How much room do 50 birds need? Do you raise them in your chicken tractors with chickens like Salatin? Any special diet? Questions could keep rolling.

Back
Top Bottom