Production Blue breed

Valleychickca

Songster
5 Years
Apr 27, 2016
Hello I just brought home a production blue chick and I found only 1 hatchery online (Welp) that has information about this breed. It appears that some members on this site have also asked about the breed and still no more info has been posted other than the same general background as I found on Welp’s site. They are a cross of RIR over blue astraulorp and lay brown eggs. Does anyone have any more information, specifically experience, with this breed? Has it been successful or does the lack of info indicate otherwise? Thank you!
BEE95F79-38FE-4C7E-84CB-A44F6B820E78.jpeg
BEE95F79-38FE-4C7E-84CB-A44F6B820E78.jpeg

I’m getting about 4-5 large to x-large eggs a week from the one pullet I have. As many pullets, she started off laying small eggs then after a few months the egg size increased to large. She is a well tempered bird. Privett Hatchery is selling them. I think you’ll be happy with yours. I’d get more but I already have enough chickens.
In the pic below, her egg is the largest brown one at the bottom of the pic.
C4F95360-8A56-4FC0-9BCB-29B9093AD53D.jpeg

Just a side note.
Welp is for the most part a drop ship hatchery. Outside of their meat breeds almost all their other chicks are from Privett.
Maybe contact Privett for info.

They’re a hybrid, not a breed, which is probably why. Here in England they are made with RIR and Marans. I had one. She was a chunky girl who wasn’t that productive and laid tiny eggs compared to her body size.
Ah yes, I should have written hybrid. Another good point- I didn’t realize they could be different mixes. Thank you for your insight!

I’m getting about 4-5 large to x-large eggs a week from the one pullet I have. As many pullets, she started off laying small eggs then after a few months the egg size increased to large. She is a well tempered bird. Privett Hatchery is selling them. I think you’ll be happy with yours. I’d get more but I already have enough chickens.
In the pic below, her egg is the largest brown one at the bottom of the pic.
View attachment 2004388
Oooo I like the size of that egg! Thank you for sharing. Glad to hear your happy with yours!

Back
Top Bottom