Production reds

Brunty_Farms

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Ohio
I've posted a question in the poultry genetics forum on this breed. If anyone has had any experience in breeding the production red breeds I would like to hear about it.

I could use the help as I can't find much info on the web about it.

Try and call one of the hatcheries to get info.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I've heard that Production reds are a cross between Rhode Island Reds (or whites) with New Hampshire Reds.... but that is hearsay on my part.

I had some for about 1.5 years and they laid very well. The man I sold them to says they are still laying well and that he is breeding them to his pure RIR Rooster. I don't know how the chicks are yet but I will call him and let you know. I was also told that they came from RIR rooster over a NH Hen. I just called him and he said 2 of the hens were the broody type and were hatching the eggs that his hens were laying. He has had two hatches since he bought them from me. Only two eggs not hatched. The chicks are still to young to say what color they are going to be. He says that production Reds are RIR rooster over NH Red Hen also.
I hope this helps. I am keeping up with him because we are getting RIR Hens and 3 Roosters in March and he and I are going to trade out some to get different blood lines. Email me if you like and I will give any more information I can. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom