Progressive Pied Peafowl

PeaFowlCraZy

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 3, 2014
I was looking on facebook and came upon the United Peafowl Association facebook page and saw someone posted pictures of progressive pied peafowl for sale. What are these? Does anyone else have any? I may go to the auction to see these beautiful peafowl.

The progressive pieds are from Legg's Peafowl Farm
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/

I would sincerely doubt that they are for sale, but I may be wrong.
It certainly does not suggest that they are for sale on the UPA Facebook page!
idunno.gif

it says they are for sale at the mid ohio exotic auction at the end of this month. have you ever been? or seen any of these in person?

I have been to the Mt Hope auction 2 years ago and none were there.It seems this is a progressive genetic meltdown over time,much as the same when humans DNA is not replicated 100%,,thus causing aging effects such as wrinkles,gray hair ect. To try and breed this genetic misplacement to increase the poor genetic qualities of this slow progressive mutation is not moving the species forward. They are an "oddity" and are more suitable for zoo exhibition, but not to breed more of them increasing this poor gene pool just as the color Cameo has been whittled down due to blindness.

They are really beautiful birds! Maybe the genetics in the Bronze and Opal differ than the Cameo and they won't go blind. Time will tell but only the new owners of the new birds will know. Brad Legg sure does have awesome pictures!

Actually those progressive birds were from Fox Mountain Peacock Farm where George Steiger the owner was working on them. Unfortunately George passed away last year in a motor vehicle accident and Brad Legg purchased his birds from the family. Jay Louden is also working on progressive bronze birds. You can see it at loudenfarms.com.

Back
Top Bottom