Prolapse and bleeding

Were you giving her an antibiotic? If so, finish the course of treatment for those, otherwise I would stop the meds and see how she does.

If her vent is looking good, then I would start to re-introduce her. If she has any redness, you can apply a little pick no more or BluKote.

You did so good taking care of her Granny! I'm so very happy that she is recovering:)
Thanks to you ! I was so ready to cull. Theres no redness but what if the roo tries to mate her ?

Thanks to you ! I was so ready to cull. Theres no redness but what if the roo tries to mate her ?

You're so sweet:)

Well the mating process is a cloacal "kiss" or touching of the vents, so nothing is being penetrated-if she is pooping and retaining everything in, I would think she'll be fine.

She may not be welcomed with open arms, sometimes even after a couple of days, people need to re-introduce a bird-if that's the case, do you have a way to cage her next to the flock?

I added 9 chickens to the flock today so thought it would be a good time to slip her in. They are all gentle birds . I really do appreciate you . see what I found today ?
100_1939.JPG
100_1902.JPG
100_1939.JPG
100_1902.JPG

:thumbsup granny hatchet = :hugs Wyorp & Eggcessive :bow
Wow, just happen on to this, started at the beginning & didn't jump to the back. You all had my attention. Glad to hear the hen's better and granny hatchet, wishing your Dr appt goes well and you feel good soon :fl
Thank you !! Werent they awesome ! :clap I never thought in a million years I would ever be sticking my fingers up a chickens hoo-hoo but here I am rocking it !

Back
Top Bottom