Prolapsed vent in newly hatched ducklings?

How do I refresh this thread so someone can see it again..? HUGE day here.. My ducklings have hatched today in nearly 40 degrees, and were getting trapped in their eggs, Ive saved most, but now I've noticed one has a prolapsed vent does anyone know how can I fix this please..??

Please post pics... most new hatches don't have prolapsed vents, but unabsorbed yolk or hernias...

How do I refresh this thread so someone can see it again..? HUGE day here.. My ducklings have hatched today in nearly 40 degrees, and were getting trapped in their eggs, Ive saved most, but now I've noticed one has a prolapsed vent does anyone know how can I fix this please..??
Welcome to BYC! Pictures, please. Like @Ravynscroft said, it's probably an unabsorbed yolk.

The duckling in that picture has an unabsorbed yolk, not a prolapse. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone, but my apologies, I was too caught up trying to help the next lot that had pipped and were suffocating under drying membrane to grab any pics... I think you are correct though, as it's a little higher up than the vent..? I kept the two babies that had it seperate overnight under a lamp,, and this morning it's just a dry scabby sore looking thing on their bellies..? But, they seemed ok so I popped them back with mum.. now it's a matter of trying to work out who's who to check on them..

Attachments

• IMG_20171226_082421.jpg
    IMG_20171226_082421.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 22

Back
Top Bottom