Proud Parents

mechey

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
Tifton
Have 5 baby chicks. My first sucessful hatch. First chick out by himself. Next piped shell and it took 12 hours to hatch. The other three had large piped holes for 24 hours but seemed to have quit trying. I raised humidity to 65 %, but think it was too late. I pulled most of the shell away but left enough for them to struggle a bit. Finally all three broke free from their shells. They were soooooo tiny, and it took a long time before they could even stand. The shell membrane had dried and stuck to their feathers. They seem to be fine now.
61440_pict0019.jpg
61440_pict0011.jpg
Thank everone who offered a helping hand.

The rooster is a silverduckwing. I also had a BB Red rooster and hen. A Sebrite rooster and hen. Kept the silverduckwing, and gave the BB Red and Seabrite roosters away. So now all the biddies are mixed.The roosters fought all the time, and I didn't want to build a lot of pens to keep them seperated. I just like all the pretty little hens that I raise, which I have found is not so easy.

i hope it all works out and plz post some pics of the chicks when they get older i would love to see how your hybrids turn out.

Back
Top Bottom