big_smile.png
Just an Opinion
tongue.png
I got online now
smile.png
And my user ID is Ducky_Girl_ Add me!
smile.png

Haha, I forgot all about this post!

I ended up going with a Blu-ray player that had wifi in it. It was about half the price of a PS3. However, I think down the line, when I have the extra cash, I may still splurge on a PS3.

ps3 does have its own network online,but....players really get what they pay for here-as they do not have the extra funding to put into extra servers like microsoft does with xbox live.

woud recommend looking at the games of both systems as they are somewhat different,though now days games developers cant afford to keep many of their games exclusive so it isnt as seperatist as it used to be.
purely from a personal view have found the three sixty a better system in terms of games but am not bothered by the blu ray issue as have got a seperate sony blu ray player at mums.

sisters boyfriend/the bro in law is the one with the ps3 and he had got his earlier this year,he has both XBL and rarely uses the PSN to play games against his work mates but he said without a doubt XBL outshines PSN and is worth the money over bothering with it.

if are looking into the second hand market at all,woud say to be aware of this ,especialy if theres any being sold cheaply.
am not sure if it works the same with the ps3 but with the three sixty,its common for people to get theirs 'console banned' by microsoft from using XBL,they then go and attempt to sell them for cheap without telling people the console wont work online.

if have got a half decent laptop/pc [more so PC, for gaming unless the laptop is a higher end one,as they have to run at a slower speed due to lack of space and poor heat disippation] why not get into PC gaming instead?
assuming its a PC,of the tower variety,coud always use the cash were going to spend on a console to upgrade current PC,a reasonably priced but decent graphics card,a internal blu ray drive,more memory if needed etc.
PCs can sometimes be a bit more difficult to get games running on due to games developers spending to much time developing for one graphics card chip [eg,nvidia/geforce] than the other [eg,ati/radeon],and throwing games out to quickly as they know they can patch them up later quite easily,but...pc gaming has an incredible online experience on offer,which can be free depending on the game,plus the communites on offer for it is huge.

woud recommending trying out a tactical first person shooter windows and linux game called tremulous ,which is completely free ,based on one of the more modern quake engines unless thats changed, there are plenty of servers to choose from or can host own one,it adapts to most specs very well so crappy setups will run it easily,or shoud do cause have had it running on linux on an old laptop.

Last edited:
I would say a PS3 especially cuz they don't charge you for playing online. I love playing grand theft auto 4 online!
droolin.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom