Pullet just drinking water and acting lethargic! Please help!

She’s a very delicate eater so it is taking her forever to eat it!🤪 But she likes it very much!😁
985DCCA4-0283-4B4B-892A-91057C9A261C.jpeg

Update: About an hour ago Birdie pooped this! She still had some food in her cage that she hadn’t eaten yet. She had a very small hard but squishy crop. I’ll be checking back up on her soon.😉
A6334C33-921F-4682-879D-0847AA89F551.jpeg
784AFC9B-7FBC-4239-943B-5134D50B5E52.jpeg

Okay so I’ve given her her third feeding and her crop has definitely emptied and she ate the rest of her food. So she’s eating and digesting fine!😁 When will she be able to go back with her friends? I won’t be able to really watch her tomorrow and I’m sure she would eat more and be more comfortable with her friends (not quite yet but soon). So will she be able to go back this evening before bed or will I just have to put her on the perch at bedtime?😉

Here is her most recent poop-
B4A080DA-981A-449C-8988-CF614A7041D3.jpeg
And she’s been eating more! You can just tell that she wants to be out.😉

She looks like she's hitting home stretch of "getting back to normal"! Yay! :) Her stools look like they should.

If her crop is emptying between today's feedings that are happening every couple of hours, give her a larger feeding just before bed with the soft food, make sure she gets some water, and put her up for the night.

Be sure to check her crop in the morning before you leave. It really needs to be empty or close to it. If it's empty, I see no reason why she can't rejoin the flock and eat some dry feed. Watch her when you can over the next few days and make sure her crop is emptying as it should.

Great job with her! :)

She looks like she's hitting home stretch of "getting back to normal"! Yay! :) Her stools look like they should.

If her crop is emptying between today's feedings that are happening every couple of hours, give her a larger feeding just before bed with the soft food, make sure she gets some water, and put her up for the night.

Be sure to check her crop in the morning before you leave. It really needs to be empty or close to it. If it's empty, I see no reason why she can't rejoin the flock and eat some dry feed. Watch her when you can over the next few days and make sure her crop is emptying as it should.

Great job with her! :)
Okay I will! Thank you for all of your help! You saved Birdie’s life!❤️

Back
Top Bottom