Pullet mouth wide full of goo/slime/mucus

Roger98

Songster
Mar 16, 2018
20190205_150802.jpg
20190205_150746.jpg

She is making little sounds but not breathing heavy, I've never seen this before please help

Also what does the inside of her mouth look like? Any redness or sores or white crusts?

Airway is clear, no red or white crusts. Just a lot of thick saliva. I can get a little bit of water to go down and she swallows it but it just makes more slime

Is her neck stuck down like wry neck or is can she move her head up to look at something? Is she gasping for air? Can you gently feel of her crop to check if it is full and puffy? Two other people here recently had posts where there chickens had foam coming from their beaks and drooling, but then later were perfectly fine, as if they had earen something that caused it.

Is her neck stuck down like wry neck or is can she move her head up to look at something? Is she gasping for air? Can you gently feel of her crop to check if it is full and puffy? Two other people here recently had posts where there chickens had foam coming from their beaks and drooling, but then later were perfectly fine, as if they had earen something that caused it.

She can pick her head up and look around fine, she perks up every so often like shes fine and then she'll drop it again and drools. I know for a fact shes was fine yesterday, I'm not sure how she was this morning because I never had to time to check them before I left to work. It sounds like she might be having trouble breathing but the sound when she breaths is so faint. It doesn't seem like shes really struggling. And her crop is empty, I couldn't feel anything at all

I would also recheck the crop just in case she has a cropful of liquid. I cannot find the two recent threads on this, but will keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom