Pullet or Cockerel?

I think you need to give this one some time. I see some characteristics that suggest cockerel (not a strong dark wash on the legs, the comb is a little big, and in some of the photos the feathering looks lighter), but I think this one could turn out to be a pullet.

MamaFox, my very... let's say, "assertive" barred rock would like a word about being called "sweet and docile." She's making a powerpoint and will follow up; she's that kind of bird.

I think you need to give this one some time. I see some characteristics that suggest cockerel (not a strong dark wash on the legs, the comb is a little big, and in some of the photos the feathering looks lighter), but I think this one could turn out to be a pullet.

MamaFox, my very... let's say, "assertive" barred rock would like a word about being called "sweet and docile." She's making a powerpoint and will follow up; she's that kind of bird.
I guess I got lucky with my girls - I had 3 barred rocks, down to just Oreo now, and they were all very sweet. But my RIR sounds like your girl - her name is Mother Clucker for a reason! She quite often gives my big butthead Brahma roo a piece of her mind. 🤣

I guess I got lucky with my girls - I had 3 barred rocks, down to just Oreo now, and they were all very sweet. But my RIR sounds like your girl - her name is Mother Clucker for a reason! She quite often gives my big butthead Brahma roo a piece of her mind. 🤣

My old RIR would knock on our door to request lap-sitting time, whereupon she'd tell me her little stories for the day and fall asleep. My current RIR is much more on the 'Mine! the snacks will all be mine!' train; a much more typical RIR bossing everyone about.

Like people, takes all kinds, I guess. :) Glad yours were/are sweet!

Back
Top Bottom