Pullet with extremely swollen eye! Help needed!

I’ll check it out. I was just looking at your articles page and I think the pullet has Coryza.
Does she have a bad smell?

It will be hard to know what is causing the eye infection unless you get lucky and pull a foxtail out of the eye. I would try using a warm compress to help soften the pus and slowly try to work that out, use generous flushing with saline. Terramycin ointment or Vetericyn eye gel/ointment would be good to put in the eye.

If you are handling these birds, it would be wise to read up on bio-security to help protect your flock. Is this a chicken farm that you work at or a farm that has chickens:D

If it isn’t Coryza how can I treat it? Should I bring her home and isolate her and try to remove the pus?
It could be other contagious diseases, so that's up to you. To treat it all the pus needs to be removed, which you might be able to do without surgery. I would also suggest starting her on an antibiotic.

It could be other contagious diseases, so that's up to you. To treat it all the pus needs to be removed, which you might be able to do without surgery. I would also suggest starting her on an antibiotic.
My boss gave her a shot of some yellow fluid but I don’t know what it was. She isn’t coughing or gurgling but the Black Sex Link cockerel in the isolation stall with her is.

Back
Top Bottom