Pullets and cockerels can be sexed here!!!!!!

Rate this thread.

• Total voters
Pics
View attachment 1086833 View attachment 1086834 View attachment 1086835 View attachment 1086837 These big chicks are about 12 weeks old and siblings. I had a lot of chicks hatched this spring and I have 3+ roosters in my flock until next Sunday! I can't tell these 4 apart though in gender! I have 3 crowing roosters, so I am wondering if others will dare crow too. Thoughts on what to look for? They keep distance between us lol so it's hard to tell. Any behaviors or things I should look for at this age? I also added a picture of Mom and Dad!
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for not replying! I think I lost your post out of all the rest! The one in all black is definitely a pullet and all the rest look like cockerels. The mom and dad are beautiful!

I believe that I have only one cockerel, he is the only light colored one. Here are some pictures. Be glad for a conformation. They are 7 week old Plymouth Rocks.
Sorry for not responding on time, Yes, you definitely only have one cockerel, he his surprisingly handsome!

My husband thinks this 5 week old naked neck is a cockerel. Thoughts? Let me know if you need more pics. It's hard to see which are good on my phone.
Pullet
And this SLW? Cockerel? I'm trying to make sure these are all boys before I post them free on Craigslist!
Rooster
My two 9 week old mix from a RIR rooster and EE Hen. One may be a week behind. The buddy I got them from just had a mess of chicks and he thought these two where the same age. But I am thinking one is a little younger.

Still can't tell myself.
Both look like pullets
I can tell with my other breeds, but not so well with EE's. Hopefully the names my nieces gave them fit their gender :)

Bugsy:
About 12 weeks old, bought at IFA, sold as pullet
View attachment 1077267

Cloak:
About 9 weeks old. Came from my niece's 1st grade class, so I don't have much info on breeding, etc.
View attachment 1077274

Fluffy (aka Petra, because our cat's name is Fluff):
Also from my niece's class
View attachment 1077277

Coconut:
Also from my niece's class
View attachment 1077276

Thanks in advance! Hopefully the pictures are good enough
Pullets
What gender is this 4 month old Light Bantam Brahma?
img_8617-jpg.1077575
img_8620-jpg.1077576
img_8623-jpg.1077577
img_8627-jpg.1077578
img_8633-jpg.1077579
img_8642-jpg.1077580
img_8965-jpg.1077581
Is this an EE? Hatched in my daughters classroom, about 12 weeks old, so don't know breed. Rooster or hen? Hoping not a rooster, we aren't allowed to have them in our city!
EE pullet
10 week old Light Brahma...hoping for a pullet!

View attachment 1077714 View attachment 1077715
Rooster
Last 2. Both 12 ish weeks, guessing RIR's, hoping for pullets! They are identical in comb/wattles with hardly any red development. Only difference I can see is one has a really downturned rump section. Am not sure if that means different gender or natural variation?!
My kids call the weird rump one "Putters" because of his/her rear issues ☺️
Pullets
The partridge cochin is a rooster. Sorry, I didn't explain right. The picture below with the California white has a big comb but I think it is a pullet. I don't think I see a white cochin.
20170715_161254-0-jpg.1077831
The white one and they greyis
View attachment 1080345 View attachment 1080347 My 5 week old Delaware "Betty" .. pullet or cockerel!?
Pullet

Back
Top Bottom