Pullets going into their coop in middle of day.

chickendude9

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Snohomish, WA.
I have three 11 week old pullets ( BO, SS, and a Columbian Rock) and for the past two days they will come out of their coop in the AM then around noon just wonder back in, only coming out if i have treats. Now, i just mixed in 4 eight week old silkies with them a couple days ago. Maybe this has something to do with it? The silkies wont go in the coop until night when i put them in there at like 8PM because they cant climb the ladder yet. Could my big girls be trying to get space from the new ones???

Mine do the same thing. It is hot here (Middle Georgia) but their run is covered and in the shade most of the day. They just seem to like to hang out in there.

my girls go in their coop almost every afternoon for a little afternoon nap. they live the life of leisure. it's not hot or cold where I am. I think they just like napping on their roosts
smile.png

My chickens are 12 to 13 weeks old every day when I get home from work there in the coop . As soon as I get out they come running to the gate and ill toss In The left over from my lunch . It's fun to do but ya they lik to hang out in the coop

ok thanks guys i feel better about it
big_smile.png
. While i have you...
wink.png
i dont think my silkies are finding the food bowl that is in the big chicken run. they ate corn cob i threw in there so i know there hungry. any ideas to show them where there food is? i put them there but i dont think they get it. Bird brains
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom