Pumpkins!!! Chickens LOVE Halloween

BellevueOmlet

Songster
9 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Did anyone else feed their chickens leftover pumpkins? I just finished the last of my halloween stock and I am surprised that my eggs are not orange
smile.png
They did not like the seeds ebcause they are so big but they ate every bit of that pumpkin flesh. I asked my grocery store for leftovers the day after halloween and got a bunch of HUGE pumpkins. Next year I am going to dress my chickens in costums and take them to the grocery store to trick-or-treat for pumpkins

I gave mine pumpkins and butternut squash this weekend, and while they liked both, they definitely went for the squash first.

Mine loved any overgrown zuchini I tossed in their run. Next year I plan on growing some pumpkins for them, they can have 'em after I get the seeds for roasting.
cool.png

Edit for spelling. I can't type worth beans

Last edited:
Our chickens love pumpkins. Not sure if the grocery store would appreciate people bringing in live animals though...or is this trick or treating outside the store? Or maybe you were kidding...

Wish our truck wasn't on the blink. Otherwise I would be inclined to offer to clean up the fall displays for my neighbors. Free pumpkins and straw and maybe corn.

Back
Top Bottom