Puppies!!!

you are going to have to take the puppies away from mom. she doesn't sound like she is going to be a good moma to the puppies at this time. first time moma dogs may not accept their puppies since they are squirming and making noises she may not be used to. she may not be sitting on them at first, but stepping on them and hurting them internally. your best bet is to take them away from her and bottle raise them till they will learn to feed on their own.

i wish you and your mom luck on keeping these last few puppies alive!

another option if rails arnt going to be availble for whatever reason.
puppes are ONLY with momma under 100% supervision, put the pups in every 2 hours (yes this means getting up every 2 hours in the night to) let her nurse the pups until the pups nurdse themselve sto sleep then put them in a basket and bring them indoors (or in a seperate stall with a heat lamp) where momma cant get to them. untill those puppies aremoving easily on their own, they need rails OR they need to be only with momma when someone is there to watch them closely and rescue them if she does sit on, stand on, paw/nudge/bite them.

i know your only a kid...i know this isnt your dog but your mothers, but if your old enough to use the internet theres no excuse, and the none chalant attitude when someone mentions a whelping box with rails (i dont have one LOL) is a little sickening when were tlaking about 7 innocent lives. anyone old enough to use the internet shoudl understand this is not "normal" its certianly no laughing matter and there are MANY ways to have prevented this (and many ways now to prevent loosing the reaminding 3 that the op could offer info to her mother and hopefully save these pups.)

what angers me more than anything is that the mother of the op didnt do her reserch before hand and as a result a kid is online telling us how 7 out of 10 pups have been killed and the other 3 are currently at risk because nothing has been done ot prevent it.

Im sorry.

And this is not really my moms fault, my dad is the one who put the female with the male and then he didnt tell my mom that she was preggers, then we found out that she was pregnant a few days before she had them. So if we have anyone to blame its my dad, I was the one who found out 2 days before. Then I asked my dad "did you know lizzie is pregnant?"(lizzie being the dog) and he says "yes, I know" then my mom said "you didnt think to tell me?" and then he said "no, not really" so he hid it from my mom, so she didnt have much time to get preped for her, she was as preped as she could be, but we didnt know she wasnt gonna be a good mom? And she is a good mom and she is doing as good as she can, we also didnt know she was old enough to get pregnant. Im sorry that this caused such a argument guys.

not an argument and im sorry that you as a CHILD have found yourself in the middle of all this.

were just trying to get it across that there are things that can be done now ot help this young moeher and her surviving babies, hopefully your dad will now see error in his ways and between you all you guys can do right by this litter.
good luck and keep us updated.

and do hope your dad gets a clue...
if my father did something like that, (specificlaly the keeping the secret) my mum would have hismanly parts in a jar!

UPDATE!!!!:
well, since we put the puppies back in with mom, two more have died. The last one is doing great though, no not great wonderful! Looks like he will make it, I will post pics in a bit of the lucky pup. Just thought I would share the update.

I would have taken pics of him now, but it was raining and my mom wouldnt let me run out with the camra in the rain. Maybe I can sneek it, its not raining anymore
hide.gif
lol

Why spay? My mom got her to breed, my dad just wasnt thinking and put her in there. She just wasnt ready, my mom didnt have the puppie pen ready thats why she was so confused. Even if I did show this to my mom. She wouldnt spay her, its just the way she rolls.

*sigh* this dog has proven to be a bad mother, even with a proper whelping box and guard rails there is no promise the puppies she killed would have ended up any differently...

not your dog andnothing you can do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom