Purchasing chicks

Arthur

Songster
9 Years
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,
My daughter and I are ready to purchase chicks. We are starting out with 5. We picked out our 5 from McMurrays and went to checkout where we found out minimum purchase is 25. Are there any hatcheries that sell small quantities ? Any help is appreciated. We were going with 2 Araucanas, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Black Star, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte. Thank You

Cackle hatchery has also a small order special, either 5 or 10 and their regular minimum order is 15. But if you order 5 you can't mix breeds, only 5 from one breed.

You can purchase minimum of 3 from mypetchicken.com and mix the breeds. I just ordered 5 from them. 1 australorp, 1 BO, 1 RIR, 1 EE and 1 sex link. However, they have a sale going on right now with a purchase of 25 mixed females with free shipping!! Price is $47 and change. Which equals 1.90 per chicken!! I wish I realized this before I ordered last week but I didn't plan for 25 either so maybe its for the best.

Ideal hatchery. I just order 10 from them although right now they are kinda limited as to what breed. I got 2 americanuas 2 SWL 2 dominiques 2 naked necks 2 BO. They are to be shipped out Aug 4. Cant wait! Only cost 39.00

I ordered from MyPetChicken.com. They will ship as few as 3 depending on where you live. I live in the boonies, and my minimum was 8. Like you I wanted a variety of breeds. 7 of the 8 arrived well and healthy, one was DOA. They refunded my money for the deceased chick right away when I notified them of the loss. I got them with the Marek's vaccination.

They were very nice to deal with, and the chicks shipped exactly when they said they would.

Quote:

Quote:
Meyer hatchery in Ohio will sell minimum of 3 I think. Great hatchery! Very knowledgable and friendly
smile.png

I started out two years ago with a small order of 3 Blue Andalusians (1 cockerel, 2 pullets) from Meyer Hatchery. Then last September, I ordered another 3 pullets from MyPetChicken. Both orders arrived quickly and safely.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom