Pure white chick???

No, they have to put antibiotics in their drinking water per corporate. They're going to be selling cornish rock x's soon....like someone else said recently, if I wanted my meat to be filled with antibiotics, I'd buy it from the supermarket.

They will get the same food as my adults once they're 20 weeks old, Southern States layer crumbles. Right now they are all on Southern States non-medicated starter. I get non-medicated because of the ducklings.

I was just curious. If they change color, it doesn't really matter. They've already won me over with their personalities!

Emily in NC

Of course, it won't impact their health or personality at all if they turn yellow. There's just something stunning and beautiful about a well maintained white chicken. They're truely gorgeous.

Quote:
I band all chicks as I get them to keep males seperate from the females. Males get either green or blue and females get either pink or orange. The bands are zip ties. I trim the ends with a pair of toenail clippers, and I'll typically take them off around 1 1/2-2 weeks old, again with the toenail clippers. You just have to keep an eye on them in case they need to come off before then. The clippers are just the right size to clip them, and whenever I have a brooder full and no extra brooders to seperate the males from the females, leg bands come in handy if someone wants to buy all pullets.

I'll be keeping all of these babies, but they have the bands on them more out of habit than anything else.

All of my white silkies are still snow white....well, when they're not rolling in the mud...they would rather take mud baths than dust baths...they must have heard that mud is good for skin! lol. I think that one of my silkies thinks she's a duck. I'll never raise silkies with a duckling again!

Quote:
I band all chicks as I get them to keep males seperate from the females. Males get either green or blue and females get either pink or orange. The bands are zip ties. I trim the ends with a pair of toenail clippers, and I'll typically take them off around 1 1/2-2 weeks old, again with the toenail clippers. You just have to keep an eye on them in case they need to come off before then. The clippers are just the right size to clip them, and whenever I have a brooder full and no extra brooders to seperate the males from the females, leg bands come in handy if someone wants to buy all pullets.

I'll be keeping all of these babies, but they have the bands on them more out of habit than anything else.

Oh I see! Thanks!

Oh so happy, I got one too from TSC so it is an old english :) Cool !!! I have some i need help Identifing too .. I think a few are cochen then 2 clean legged whitish yellow with a sort of part on their head. I think the clean leg blue leg is a bantam easter egger ?

If anyone can help me with id the creamy colored chick, naked legs - the one with the brown eye ? Would really appreciate it :)

I have a pure white white rock...my 7 yo son LOVES her. He says "she's so pretty" He's agreed to trade some of her feathers with a classmate on his school bus who has peacocks, for peacock feathers
gig.gif
Kids are so funny. Miss Millie, the white chicken, is so dirty right now. Mud.

Cute chicklets everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom