Purina's New Packaging?

Baymen Moe

Songster
12 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Pembroke, Ma.
Not sure if this has been brought up, it's been a few weeks since I had to buy feed. What's with the new bag material? I always recycled the paper grain bags of Layena. Not sure if these new bags are recyclable or not, there's no symbol on them.

Anyone have any info on this?

same here, recycled the paper bags as mulch liner. Can't do that with this plastic junk, and only #1 & 2 plastics are recycled here. Anyone come up with uses? Or should I just mail 'em all back to Purina?

PS - plastic DOES NOT show water damage like the paper did!!!!

Last edited:
I think there's a thread on here about making tote bags out of them
smile.png

Does anybody have a photo of the new bags? I haven't seen them yet, our feedstore still carries the old paper bags. Maybe it differs from location to location?

PS - plastic DOES NOT show water damage like the paper did!!

Yes, and I lost two hens to crop stasis when they got hold of a bag that had been wet (didn't see any mold till we had fed most of the bag). Could not tell with the plasticized material at all.

ETA: I don't buy Purina. It was a different brand.​

Quote:
I use them to store composted manure in a seperate area from the feed. I have quite a few rabbits, and what doesn't go into the composters goes into a bag awaiting next spring planting
smile.png

If you had an industrial sewing machine, you could sew them together, to make tarps. At least as good as the cheap silver or blue tarps, at HD.
I've used them as planters..Roll the edge down, on them..Use them as garbage bags.

Back
Top Bottom