PURPLE COMBS AND FACE-pulmonary hypertension syndrome-aka Water Belly

they are suppost to be white rocks. i thought the pic looked weird too. to me is doen't resemble ai from the pics i remember but what in the world would it be? she tried to call us but i'm out of time on my cell. it's the only pic she posted for me ii thought it looked weird too but the broiler thing makes sence. i don't know ages of them.

*THIS'LL SOUND CRAZY BUT MY LH/C-X HAS HAD HEART FAILURE SYMTOMS 3 TIMES. GAVE HER A 15O MG. CO-Q-1O (GELCAPS) OPENED INTO HER FEED WITH TOTAL RECOVERY OF SYMTOMS BY NEXT A.M.--- THIS MIGHT HELP *QUICKLY* RULE OUT AI FOR YOU!!!! MINE HAD WATER UNDER THE SKIN I COULD FEEL & PURPLE COMB TIPS, TOO COOL LEGS, ETC. I'M NO PRO-- IT'S JUST A THOUGHT.

Last edited:
what is CO-Q-1O? she rescues alot of animals is it possible they are broilers and she don't know that and it's heart failer and all that cause they' re too old they should have been culled already?

Last edited:
CO-Q-1O (OR A.K.A. COENZYME Q1O) IS A NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENT USED FOR HEART DISEASE (BY PEOPLE USUALLY) 15O MG. IS A BIG DOSE. I TAKE IT DUE TO FAMILY HISTORY. DRUG STORES HAVE IT OR COSTCO-- IT'S 15-3O DOLLARS, BASED ON T' DOSE. WIDELY PRESCRIBED FOR HEART PATIENTS IN THE E.U.

Last edited:
that's the thing sometimes i look at the pic i think that too but i was going by look of the eyes and color diference in the faces, combs, wattles but then on the otherhand the blown up pic does look for real to me when it shows more detail. i honestly can't tell and if it is not a cropped pic then a 16 year old with sick chookies really does need our help. that's why i turned to you all for help. i honestly don't know and can't tell and i do have that same thought also. reguardless one way or the other it will be a learning experience for all of us i guess.

this is what i found for ai but her birds do not look to me like pics i have seen of ai they look different to me.--

Avian Influenza
Synonyms: AI, flu, influenza, fowl plague
Species affected: Avian influenza can occur in most, if not all, species of birds.

Clinical signs: Avian influenza is categorized as mild or highly pathogenic. The mild form produces listlessness, loss of appetite, respiratory distress, diarrhea, transient drops in egg production, and low mortality. The highly pathogenic form produces facial swelling, blue comb and wattles, and dehydration with respiratory distress. Dark red/white spots develop in the legs and combs of chickens. There can be blood-tinged discharge from the nostrils. Mortality can range from low to near 100 percent. Sudden exertion adds to the total mortality. Egg production and hatchability decreases. There can be an increase in production of soft-shelled and shell-less eggs (see Table 1 ).

Transmission: The avian influenza virus can remain viable for long periods of time at moderate temperatures and can live indefinitely in frozen material. As a result, the disease can be spread through improper disposal of infected carcasses and manure. Avian influenza can be spread by contaminated shoes, clothing, crates, and other equipment. Insects and rodents may mechanically carry the virus from infected to susceptible poultry.

Treatment: There is no effective treatment for avian influenza. With the mild form of the disease, good husbandry, proper nutrition, and broad spectrum antibiotics may reduce losses from secondary infections. Recovered flocks continue to shed the virus. Vaccines may only be used with special permit.

Prevention: A vaccination program used in conjunction with a strict quarantine has been used to control mild forms of the disease. With the more lethal forms, strict quarantine and rapid destruction of all infected flocks remains the only effective method of stopping an avian influenza outbreak. If you suspect you may have Avian Influenza in your flock, even the mild form, you must report it to the state veterinarian's office. A proper diagnosis of avian influenza is essential. Aggressive action is recommended even for milder infections as this virus has the ability to readily mutate to a more pathogenic form.

Back
Top Bottom