Purple Peafowl Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hatch ours alongside chickens in our incubator. They are pretty much the same, just a longer incubation period. Incubate on their sides (not standing up), 99.5F, 40-45% humidity through incubation, 60% humidity for lockdown/hatch, 28-30 day incubation period with lockdown at day 25.

They do need a LOT more heat for a lot longer after hatching though, like 90-95F for the first week or two and down 5 degrees a week after that. They also, in my experience, do a lot better with a companion bird in their brooder, like a baby chicken/turkey, since peachicks are... kind of dumb and don't think to eat unless someone else is eating first. We always hatch a chicken or two alongside our peas for this reason.

@misniceforlife they also need to be on a higher protein (30-35%) chick starter crumble, like the one Purina offers for game birds, Startena. Most people recommend keeping them in a brooder or off the natural ground for the first 3 months to avoid getting sick from worms or bacteria or toxic things (they will eat anything that will fit into their mouths). They do/grow best if given access to heat over winter their first winter.

If you have additional specific questions please feel free to ask.

Hello,
I'd love to order some peafowl eggs from you! Three if possible. I can give location details/etc over PM as necessary. :)

Hello,
I'd love to order some peafowl eggs from you! Three if possible. I can give location details/etc over PM as necessary. :)
Sure, I can do 3 to be shipped 4/23/18. I will send you a PM to collect personal shipping info etc.

I would be very interested in purchasing 6 eggs. We had peafowl years ago but had to find them a good home when we moved. I would love to raise them again. I am in my forever home so this would be theirs too. :)

My purple pen is currently laying, and as I have set all the eggs I want to for the year, I am listing batches of eggs to ship. We are NPIP certified, and our flock ID is 34-645. I accept payment through PayPal (I can email an invoice to be paid by credit card, too, I believe). Eggs are $10 each, and you may claim up to 6 (peafowl only lay every other day, so this should ensure you get the freshest eggs). Shipping is $16.

Before purchase please bear in mind that peafowl have a lifespan of 15-20 years, require a high-quality/high protein feed (expensive!!) and vitamins to support their beautiful (and rapid) feather growth, need at least 10x30' pens, and are extremely loud in the summer. If you have questions about hatching or care, please ask BEFORE purchase!

The pen is composed as follow: One male purple pied split blackshoulder (proven split, we hatched BS chicks from his pen last year), one female purple pied, one female purple pied blackshoulder, and two female purple pied blackshoulders.

Babies potentially include: White, purple pied, purple dark pied, purple pied blackshoulder, purple dark pied blackshoulder, purple blackshoulder split pied, purple pied split blackshoulder, purple dark pied split blackshoulder, and purple split blackshoulder and pied.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask. Here are some photos of the parents:
Orion, caught between showing off and not showing off
tumblr_p5yy88da8H1rc4grco1_500.jpg

what a dork
tumblr_p425rvjNwg1rc4grco1_500.jpg

look at all that purple shine ooo ahhh
tumblr_orrhv2zkdW1rc4grco6_r1_500.jpg

he does this a lot what a nerd
tumblr_oogpz21KzL1rc4grco1_500.jpg

He claimed this stump and refused to get off of it until I pushed him off
tumblr_p425rvjNwg1rc4grco2_500.jpg

**Please remember that hatching eggs sales are subject to the whims of very beautiful but ultimately very silly birds, who may decide to stop laying at random, causing shipping to be delayed or possibly canceled toward the end of their laying season.

***Please note that I will ship your eggs the Monday following purchase. I can only guarantee that the eggs are from the birds above, and that they will leave my care intact and fertile. I cannot guarantee handling during shipping or your incubation method success rates.

could you please email me at [email protected], all the information on purchasing the peafowl eggs and what is the shipping cost? I am ready to order. I have my incubator set up and will be ready in 3 days. I let it run a week before incubation to get it regulated, to insure a good hatch. Thanks Shana Gomez

@Rebel58 I can do probably do 6 eggs on 5/7, is that okay? Your total would be $76, and I can send you a PM with payment details and to get shipping info from you.

@misniceforlife it is $16 for a total order, not per egg. I have sent you an email with information, but orders should be placed here in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom