Purple Peafowl Eggs

Celie

Songster
7 Years
Mar 23, 2012
Tickfaw, Louisiana
I live in SE Louisiana, about 5 miles from Hammond. I was on BYC for a long time and made many friends here. Great site! Kuntrygirl, Julie, Frank are you'll still on with your daily advice and news?
To everybody: We have a lonely male peacock, we need a mate for! He is a beautiful brilliant blue on his shoulders going into green on his back and tail with green and blue, green and brown in his tail feathers. He has mistaken our female turkeys for a peahen and has gotten most of his tail feathers pulled out for his error, by our Gobblers. I was told, unless the peas are hatched on the property, after they mate and lay eggs, they will leave ! Is this true? Does anyone have and pea eggs foe sale? My Zip is 70466, so the closer the better. I am just off I-59 exit 36, about 4 miles north of Hammond,LA. I would rather pick up eggs, if within driving distance, because we all know how badly the PO treats packages and how fragile eggs are, but would otherwise like to have the eggs shipped!! My heart is aching, because he calls for a mate all the time! I let him free range, cage free right now, but would build a beautiful Pea-house and run like the one Julie, in north LA shows in one of her posts! I know your peahens might not be laying you, but if we could make arrangements for when they start... and I have goose egg cartons, they should fit into, if you need some? I have Rainbow laying chickens, Peking and Rouen Ducks, and Heritage Holland White Turkeys, if you want to trade? I am desperate to get him a companion.
I got this Peacock because a friend of my Hubby'd asked me to hatch some eggs for him, because he wasn't getting any to hatch! He brought 20, 1 blew up in our incubator(probably a hairline crack, not visable to us) and 18 were either infertile or more likely too old! One hatched and when I offered the pea chick to him, he did not want it and said for me to keep it and when his peahens started to lay again, would I hatch more? I said yes and reminded him of the 7 day rule for hatching eggs. Next laying season, he said his peahen was laying from the perch and the eggs were breaking on the ground, so he wasn't getting any eggs! So I have a beautiful blue Very Lonely Peacock, who really need a mate!
Please let me know if you can help me?
Does anyone know if a goose egg is bigger than a peahen egg? I have 6 pack goose egg cartons and all packing materials, that I use to ship Turkey eggs in, but will peacock eggs fit into a goose eggs carton?

Back
Top Bottom