Purple swollen wattle

Then possibly he could have damaged it rubbing on the fence? Looks kike a very bad bruise. I don't think there is anything you can do to fix it. Will just take time. But don't be surprised if he actually loses a portion of those wattles, my George did.

Do you mean, is it infected? I don't know. I wouldn't think so since it appears to be a closed injury. Is he eating, drinking, pooping and acting normal?. If you mean, is it contagious, then probably not. Our BJG, George, could not eat off the snowy ground for a week or so, it was too painful. We put his feed in a flat dish of clean sand on an elevated surface and he could eat out of that. He could not put his head through the opening of the no-waste feeder we have; he also didn't want his swollen wattles dragging on the cold ground. He became quite a pet during that time!

Do you mean, is it infected? I don't know. I wouldn't think so since it appears to be a closed injury. Is he eating, drinking, pooping and acting normal?. If you mean, is it contagious, then probably not. Our BJG, George, could not eat off the snowy ground for a week or so, it was too painful. We put his feed in a flat dish of clean sand on an elevated surface and he could eat out of that. He could not put his head through the opening of the no-waste feeder we have; he also didn't want his swollen wattles dragging on the cold ground. He became quite a pet during that time!
Oh ok I meant like spreadable to the other flock members he poops normal,

It should heal eventually when the bruising heals. It is probably from fighting through the fence. Tick bites can cause bluish bruising and swelling, but this looks more like an injury.
It’s soft no dried blood, it isn’t fowl cholera though I want to make sure. No swelling on face nor legs only in his left wattle and no lameness

Back
Top Bottom