Put in a screened picture window lol

Had to giggle at hubby. He says the chickens are mine(yeah right lol), but when he got home from work, he had stopped and bought a heavy duty 10x12 tarp to cover the whole run. Big enough to go down half the sunny side of the run. Brown on one side & silver on the other side. He said we'll put the silver side up so it reflects the sun away. We are not as hot as a lot of the country, but they are saying mid to upper 80's for the next 4 days, which is high for us. We have high humdity. Have ice blocks and frozen pureed pumpkin ready. He had also ordered a heated waterer for the winter for them, it arrived yesterday.
The run is done with pvc pipe, dog exercise pens and welded wire on top, with the tarp over the top. We have the new run plans using the 1/2 hardware cloth on frames. Here is what the run looks like right now with the new tarp shade cover.
20180713_180138.jpg

Mine don't use the nest boxes at all. I've done everything but at this point I've just taken em out lol. they all lay in the same spot, If i put the box there, they'll just go right next to it.
When we put the new built coop in place, at first they laid on the floor. Hot a couple of fake eggs put in the box and they went in the box and laid after that.
Did you try the curtains on the box with a fake egg in there?

Back
Top Bottom