1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Put offer on house, Wish us luck! WE GOT THE HOUSE. Close this thread.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by secuono, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    We just put in our offer on a little 5acre farm house. There are two other offers on it, all 3 are under the asking price. Unfortunately, Realtors can't tell you the other peoples offers, darnit!!!
    So, wish us good luck that we get it!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Good luck!

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Hope you get it! [​IMG] Good luck!

4. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated!

5. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Hope they accept your offer or at least counteroffer... One thing that might help is to write them a nice note about why you want *their* house and how well you'll treat it. Sometimes that'll sway sellers.

6. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Exciting! Good luck!

7. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    Quote:if your realtor put in your bid on this property it seem like the seller was not keen on the other offers or the realtor is just say that so u will counter higher. stick to your price.
    if the seller realtor is not willing to go all long with the price just work on her.
    good luck on your house iam send u a pm

8. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

My thinking is....
    IF the Seller has 3 offers....
    They will possibly reject all 3 offers...
    and see which Potential Buyer will UP THEIR offer to the "Listing Price" or very close to it.

I KNOW that is what I would do (and have done...).

GOOD LUCK !
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]
    P.S. One house I sold kept getting "poor" offers. I told the Realtor that it was priced too low. She thought I was crazy.
    I told her that IF she DIDN'T raise the price...I would get a different Realtor. (The listing had expired.) We raised the price by 5 % and it sold for FULL PRICE within 2 weeks.

9. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

^I can see that. If it's priced too low you wonder what's wrong with it that isn't being said. Bad roof, bad wiring, a lien, a floodplain, a creepy neighbor, trains blowing horns at 2am... someone watching your house might see you raised the price and figure it means you fixed whatever the reason it was low... yup, I can see that happening easily.

[​IMG] That your offer was the best and they jump to accept it. [​IMG]

10. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] we are looking for a house to buy with some land as well. it's tough. we are looking in norco, ca. which is also known as house country. i am excited to move there i feel out of place sometimes where we are now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by