Putting up Christmas lights today! :)

my grandaughter puts every ornament on one branch and I tell her its beautiful.when she leaves I move things around so it doesn't break the branch.

Uh-oh, I think my house might have counted as tacky. At my old house we had three holly trees right along the front porch (you entered on the side) and my dad trimmed them every year so they at least were tidy, but our lights were not at all. The biggest tree on the end got a string of randomly blinking colored lights the end section of which did not blink, so the tree only blinked on the top two thirds. It also got a short string of white lights because the blinking string didn't take up the whole tree. Then the little tree in the middle got a string of regular non blinking colored lights, then the tree on the end got a string of white lights.

Now all our lights have died (slow, painful deaths) so at our new house we just stick our Christmas tree in front of the window so it can be seen from outside.

Miss Prissy, your decorations sound amazing. And a beautiful house too
big_smile.png

Quote:
The greatest trees are when kids are between the ages of 3 & 7 and they put ALL the ornaments are on the bottom two levels of boughs. It was just so cute when Bill was little!

gig.gif
Good thing I have some time to mentally prepare myself for that!

Well, Thanksgiving morning they have the Macy's Christmas parade, so I'm not too worried about things going out of order.

The day after Christmas is our traditional tree-trimming day.
smile.png

MissPrissy, your house sounds beautiful at Christmastime! You must post pics of all your trees on BYC! I want to see.

We are going to the barn this week, to start getting everything out. My DH has a full size pickup truck..and it LITERALLY takes 3 loads to get it all from the barn. We have a herd of the white dear...I think this year there are 12. Then the white sleigh...and a white polar bear that moves his head from side to side. He goes by the front door...with a little pinguin...and the 6 white miniature trees. We have the big nativity...with a cedar manger. All along the driveway, we put in those large plastic candy canes( we have a long lane) and a sign at the end by the road that says.." candy cane lane" We decorate about 3 acres of " yard" so it take LOTS to get it all lit up. On the house we use only C9. This year will be clear white. Every year we change the color on the C9's. I have the electric candles in the windows that come on at dusk. ( those stay up all year round) I put pine boughs under each window, with big red bows. I have a real looking pine garland for around the front door, with smal red bows, and pinecones. Yes, we love to decorate this old place...we have to start early...but nothing gets turned on untill AFTER Thanksgiving. The trees inside go up thanksgiving evening, or the day after. The upstairs one is a " family tree" It gets a little of everything. All the decorations the kids had made through the years. Very colorfull...and busy. LOL The one in the downstairs family room is a theme tree. I change the color theme every year. Every room in our house is VERY decorated. I just love to decorate for every holiday!
Sam-house.jpg

I am decorating all the bushes with blue lights today and red and white lights for the rhoderdendron bushes. may put lghts around the pool deck,and all around the fence. I wont turn them on till day after thanksgiving just up so I dont have to go out in the cold. we got a ton of decoratins last year after xmas for 75 % off. plus we always had a real tree but it would be so dead by xmas with this woodburning air that we bought a pefect real lloking fake tree for 300 at home depot last year so I can decorate early. we love xmas decorations. I sometimes wrap the doors inside to look like a big present. I think if people decorate early they will be ready for xmas earlier so not the stress of it sneaking up on you. have fun decorating to all.
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you MissPrissy I have the same rule. Not even Christmas music ,we have a local station that starts playing Christmas music about a week to ten days 24/7 before Thanksgiving I tell my girls they can play it in their cars or on their Ipods but not in the house till the day after Thanksgiving.

Back
Top Bottom