PVC silkie tractor = UPDATE - Post #13 ALMOST DONE! -PIC Heavy!

Sounds like it's coming right along. I'm happy to hear your recycling, that's a big plus..I agree if it's usable, then mine as well use it. Don't forget to post the finished coop, looking forward to seeing it.

57920_coopproject18.jpg

57920_coopproject17.jpg

57920_coopproject15.jpg

57920_chicks.jpg

A few more tweaks, the run door i have strapped on right now i need to sand it down and put on hinges and add hooks to secure it properly. I need to re-caulk the roof in a spot, but it isn't leaking (its raining this AM - lol )

57920_coopproject16.jpg

Chickens went in last evening, and they are awesome, the chicks were scared to death when i put them in at 2pm, and so at 6pm i decided I couldnt take it and put the other big silkies in and everyone gets along the babies are following the big ones around and learning from them the joys of dirt bathing and everything. The roo Sampson protects them from the white hen Vanilla which is great. The buff hens Butterscoth and Taffy (do we see a theme with the big hens - candy) are bit protective of them, but more just "eh whatever", lol.

I am so glad I got all the bits and pieces together and got my idea done, (i ended up tweaking again and did not put boxes on outside - may later) also I still need to fix the door, paint it, and add the window I want to add.

It is ventilated, its about 2 " off the ground with hardware cloth beneath there, you cant see it, and the top has about 3" that are clothed up right under the roof's overhanging sides.
smile.png
so for the next few days they will be okay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom