Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

He's such a cutie! Have you guys figured out if you can keep him yet?

Yep, overnight and the cooler. They really don't recommend you ever do anything other than overnight on the vaccines.

Don't know - I am kinda leaving it up to the hubby. we have room and just need to upgrade the fence, but he'd have to help with that. So far Socrates appears to like him more so maybe? I feel bad because he's lonely, tho - we have an Echo out at the brooder that plays comedy to keep him company when we aren't there. He should probably have a friend. :(

Don't know - I am kinda leaving it up to the hubby. we have room and just need to upgrade the fence, but he'd have to help with that. So far Socrates appears to like him more so maybe? I feel bad because he's lonely, tho - we have an Echo out at the brooder that plays comedy to keep him company when we aren't there. He should probably have a friend. :(

Too bad you couldn't get a couple more eggs to hatch :( I think the price has gone back down on eBay. I saw someone on Facebook today selling four eggs for $50, and that included shipping. I was tempted to get those, honestly.

Too bad you couldn't get a couple more eggs to hatch :( I think the price has gone back down on eBay. I saw someone on Facebook today selling four eggs for $50, and that included shipping. I was tempted to get those, honestly.

I gotta check that out - but isn't emu egg season over? Saw a few auctions last week for 'the last egg' that were like $60+30 for shipping, single egg..

I gotta check that out - but isn't emu egg season over? Saw a few auctions last week for 'the last egg' that were like $60+30 for shipping, single egg..

Some lay late in the year. There are two up on eBay right now that you might be able to snag.

Sorry I didn't get pictures! Soon, I promise! Things are super hectic here what with baby bunnies, Call ducklings, goslings, more chicks than I can count (they're practically coming out of my ears) and of course two baby emus.

However, I did get all the wood I should need for the emu barn, so that should be up, framed, and maybe even finished this weekend.

And then Berrigan and Caesar are going to get evicted from my garage. They spend days outside but sleep in my garage still.

Sorry I didn't get pictures! Soon, I promise! Things are super hectic here what with baby bunnies, Call ducklings, goslings, more chicks than I can count (they're practically coming out of my ears) and of course two baby emus.

However, I did get all the wood I should need for the emu barn, so that should be up, framed, and maybe even finished this weekend.

And then Berrigan and Caesar are going to get evicted from my garage. They spend days outside but sleep in my garage still.
Can't wait to see what an Emu barn looks like. :pop

Back
Top Bottom