Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

I have some very sad news this morning. Desi has passed away.

Last night I was able to get the ointment in his eye, but when I caught him I could tell he was underweight. I had actually just bought worming stuff for them earlier that day, so I was going to worm them and hoped it was worms.

But when I went out this morning to reapply the ointment, he had passed :(

I think something wasn't right with him internally. Even though Ciara is younger, she very quickly grew bigger than him, while he was smaller and took longer to grow. I chalked that up as just genetic differences but now I wonder if it was a sign something wasn't right.

Ciara is perfectly fine and healthy this morning, her usual friendly and into everything self, and she is in good weight, so it was nothing contagious.

I am very sad to have lost him. His eye must have just been an outer sign of things going wrong. He was eating and drinking and acting fine otherwise, but we all know how good birds are at hiding illness.
:hugs It is hard to lose one that you hatched!

Last night I was able to get the ointment in his eye, but when I caught him I could tell he was underweight. I had actually just bought worming stuff for them earlier that day, so I was going to worm them and hoped it was worms.

I think something wasn't right with him internally. Even though Ciara is younger, she very quickly grew bigger than him, while he was smaller and took longer to grow. I chalked that up as just genetic differences but now I wonder if it was a sign something wasn't right.

Ciara is perfectly fine and healthy this morning, her usual friendly and into everything self, and she is in good weight, so it was nothing contagious.

I am very sad to have lost him. His eye must have just been an outer sign of things going wrong. He was eating and drinking and acting fine otherwise, but we all know how good birds are at hiding illness.
What!? That's awful. :hit Really sorry about that. :(

:hugs I’m heartbroken for you. :(
Does Ciara seem to notice that he’s gone?

:hugs I’m heartbroken for you. :(
Does Ciara seem to notice that he’s gone?

She doesn't seem all that upset about it yet, she may not have really noticed. All the birds are a little subdued right now because they're sick of winter, and I don't blame them. We're all ready for spring here.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

tumblr_o28yi0KWXU1u0n985o10_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom