Q from a Guy: What's the best iron?

Sorry gals, I am a girl too, but if you want to get on my best side, don't wast your money on me for a gemstone or necklace or any of that fluff stuff. My diamond ring is plenty! A Lowe's gift card from my DH, now you are talking, is AWESOME!!! The lift iron sounds cool! My Mom would love that one.
lol.png

I had to laugh, I knew when I saw the title the poor man would get grief. I used to ask for things like a new saddle, or slide boots, something for the horses or one year new CB antenna for my truck. My ex's buddies would always tell him not to do it, buy jewelry and he would go by gold and diamonds, neither of which I like or wear. I wish I could have found a husband who cared enough to post online asking what is the best kind of iron! I might still be married.

I agree that you should buy her what she asks for, but please go above and beyond and get a gift that you "know" she would love, but never ask for. As simple as a piece of wood engraved (by you) with your initials in a heart. It might take you an hour, but it should be a family heirloom.

How many years did she say "I don't want anything". and actually got what she asked for. Nothing. Hoping that "he" would have figured it out by now.

Sadly I buy myself what I really want now. He's clueless.

Get her the iron and something from your heart!

i vote, get her what she asked for.

i work for the largest manufacture of fine jewelry in the U.S. ask me how much jewelry i wear everyday...not even my wedding rings.

you could always get another gift in addition. no matter what, if it's from the heart, and you OBVIOUSLY went to all this trouble, you're doing just fine.

any guy that appreciates lip goo is alright in my book. your wife has got to be wonderful as well.

Merry Christmas and happy shopping...oh, i like Rowenta's also...the best.

I haven't read the responses, so this may be repetitive, but I just wanted to say consider her physical condition/abilities. I have battled carpal tunnel and tendonitis for years and I can tell you that weight is the most important factor to me. Rowenta is known as the best, but most of them extremely heavy. Just a thought.

Allchookup, you're welcome for the suggestion, and Bo Diddley rocks! You're a good man for actually getting DW what she wants! The little extra that she didn't ask for won't hurt your cause either
wink.png
Now, if you've got a little extra in the budget... can I have that Bosch dishwasher I've been drooling over for the past 3 years?

i asked for and recieved several yards of fabric and a bunch of cleaning supplies and a new mop for valentines day!
practical stuff is great!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am very picky about my iron. I will only buy a Rowena brand of iron. They are the only ones I know of that aren't so stinkin light that they fall all over the place when you set them down on the ironing board while moving the garment for a new place to iron!!
big_smile.png
(Can't stand those!!!) Check out Sam's Club, or Costco. I bought all three of mine there for $20.00 less. (dd dropped and broke one and the other dd took one to college with her)

Give the guy a break, the guy loves his wife-enough to give his wife what she wants for christmas-how lucky she is!!! Of course he's not so insensitive as to think a woman should be kept in the kitchen!!! Go for it! It's very obvious to me you love your wife very much!!!
celebrate.gif

The best iron? The one I don't have to use
big_smile.png

But since she asked for one, I like ones with the teflon coating.

(One year I asked for a circular saw for Christmas
big_smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom