Quack quack chicken??

silkielover2444

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 25, 2013
I am new to chickens. My nine week old hen makes a duck noise!!?? It sounds like a mixture of geese and ducks. Is this normal?

I am new to chickens. My nine week old hen makes a duck noise!!?? It sounds like a mixture of geese and ducks. Is this normal?
You know that they say: "If it looks like a chicken and sounds like a duck".... Its probably a "chucken"
yesss.gif

Perhaps a young roo finding his voice?

Haha I wish I could call it chucken but it already has a name. I'm pretty sure it's a hen but when it was little it was all black so I was not sure if it was marked like the other roos. Here's a pic of her she was about seven or eight weeks here but right now she in nine weeks. This is the most recent pic I have of her.

One of my pullets still sounds like a goose and she is 10 months old. All of my other chickens have these nice quiet voices and then there is Greenie - honk, honk, honk.
idunno.gif
.She is very definitely a chicken - a cross between a SLW and Cochin. Beautiful bird until she opens her mouth which is constantly. LOL. Since I only have seven girls, I can easily recognize each of their voices and there is quite a range of different sounds even between the two sets of sisters.

I also have 7 hens! They are so sweet! Another one tried to make the quack but it didn't sound like the other one. Maybe it's the breed?

Back
Top Bottom