Quail Coop-Artificial Plants?

sadiemartin

Chirping
May 13, 2021
Hello everyone! I am new to Coturnix quail and have just finished my coop, I have a couple questions.
#1 My coop is 6x8 feet and I want my birds to be comfortable-NOT crammed. How many do you think I can have in this enclosure?
#2 Can I have artificial plants in my coop? I heard they love logs, rocks, plants, etc. but I am not going to plant real plants inside. I am just afraid they will try to eat the fake plants. I do see a lot of people online and have no problem so I just want to ask again on here. :)

Attachments

• EB3BE337-101B-4F75-BF02-4808D550C043.jpeg
    EB3BE337-101B-4F75-BF02-4808D550C043.jpeg
    721.4 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I have some artificial trailing plants in mine and they work quite nicely. I also have some Christmas tree branches propped up in the corners which have lasted well and my quails love to hide underneath. I think they definitely feel safer when they have little hiding places.
My coop is 21 square feet and I have 6 quail and have had some bickering, which was reduced by putting in more hidey places.

Hello everyone! I am new to Coturnix quail and have just finished my coop, I have a couple questions.
#1 My coop is 6x8 feet and I want my birds to be comfortable-NOT crammed. How many do you think I can have in this enclosure?
#2 Can I have artificial plants in my coop? I heard they love logs, rocks, plants, etc. but I am not going to plant real plants inside. I am just afraid they will try to eat the fake plants. I do see a lot of people online and have no problem so I just want to ask again on here. :)
That's a nice coop. No they shouldn't eat the fake plants. They will have fun pecking at them but unless they're really flimsy and poorly made with bits of plastic coming right off or wires poking out etc there shouldn't be a problem and yes they really love logs.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/reptile-lover’s-thread.1331546/post-25383831

I have some artificial trailing plants in mine and they work quite nicely. I also have some Christmas tree branches propped up in the corners which have lasted well and my quails love to hide underneath. I think they definitely feel safer when they have little hiding places.
My coop is 21 square feet and I have 6 quail and have had some bickering, which was reduced by putting in more hidey places.
That’s awesome!! Thanks for the advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom