Quail Coop Competition! Show off your hard work....

Ok SiTran,
I'll be your Huckleberry! I build alot of pens. Most get outta hand before its all said and done. I dont keep track of the cost because I usually have a lot of scrap or come up with material long before hand and stash it way. If you were to have to go buy everything new at lowes, some of these would surely be over the 250 dollar limit. I have no interest in winning anything, just thought you may want to see a few.

This one would likely be under the 250 limit, It 30" wide and 10' long. Has a divider that swings up and latches to the ceiling for making it two 5' x 30" pens....

This one would likely be over the $250 limit if mat. was bought new.... its two 30" x 8' pens, side by side in one unit.The other side looks just like this one... also has the swing away dividers to split them into smaller pens too...

I winter my breeders in this one so I wanted to keep the wind and snow off of'em....

Tarps work pretty well when its cold, the tarps just roll up and tie up under the soffit out of the way....

This one is a condo unit I use for breeders in the spring and summer. water is on a drip system too. Rabbits on the other side. This unit is the brain child of Milliebantum and I shamelessly ripped it off.....

I have no idea what I have in this one but Im sure its over the limit.... Tho not in the pic, I use six, 24" x 24" poop pans for rabbit cages to keep the guys upstairs from bombing the guys down stairs!!!
lau.gif
Came in to subscribe to this thread, but OMG I need this quail/rabbit cage BAD!

Here are some photos of my quail pen. I'm pretty sure I am over the $250 limit with the home made welded wire cages inside. I just converted an old dog kennel to a quail coop.

The shade cloth comes off in the winter and a tarp rolls down to keep the birds out of the winter weather.

Inside shot of the breeding pens. Droppings fall on the concrete floor for easy clean-up out to the compost pile.

My water system is like Fat Daddy's except I use the GQF drink cups.

Last edited:
Mine has 2 Levels, The bottom is a grow out cage, and I still need to divide the top into 2 pens. I had the base already from a planting bench so I went with those Dim. It is 51 w 40 deep, and each pen is 16 or so high

I am just starting so I assume it will be big enough... I wouldn't have made it so deep, if I was building from scratch. but I guess a net will work.
They also seem to like the box with pine needles in it, they cozy up all next to each other. There right a 5 weeks so it won't be long...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom