1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Quail day 16

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChanLillie, May 28, 2017.

1. ChanLillie

ChanLillie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    I have read just about every forum and every website that I can on hatching eggs but I am still a nervous wreck..

This is my first set of quail eggs and I only have 4 left. (One was infertile or never developed and 1 had a crack.) Today is day 16 and nothing is happening. Two of the eggs have been rocking like teenage girls at a concert but other than that.. Silence. I haven't heard any cheeping.. I may or may not have been standing over them for about 20 minutes to see if anything happened and one I saw a little white spot appear.. I figured maybe it was pipping time.. But nothing..

How much longer do I have to wait?! -__-

2. pinkradish

pinkradish Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Depends on the breed. Usually 16 to 23 days

3. ChanLillie

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    lol I know that... I am just being impatient.. Today is 17 and they are still rocking but not even a pip yet. I am getting nervous.

4. Frijole

Frijole Out Of The Brooder

Good luck! I'm following you, we are getting ready to embark on the same adventure!

5. ChanLillie

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    Thank you! Let me know how yours go! I have been sending my mom to check on them today. I am at work for 3 more hours and I have been a nervous wreck! It's like waiting for your wife's labor! haha!!

6. ChanLillie

May 28, 2017
    Carl Junction, MO
    My Coop
    Still no update on the eggs. They aren't rocking as much as they were.. All 4 rocked last night and now nothing. No pip or anything. Today is day 18. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by