Jun 3, 2020
Hello! I am a first time poultry owner along with my first time Hatching eggs. I put 28 quail eggs in the incubator and throughout the process of candling 23 eggs went into lock down. On day 17, 10 babies hatched, and today day 18 an additional chick hatched. I still have 12 eggs in the incubator and their scheduled hatch day is tomorrow. Is it likely that more will hatch? I will keep them in there a few days past day 19 but wanted to see if anyone had experience with about half hatching early and still some others hatching later. Thanks!

I would for sure keep them in the incubator for a few more days. I hatched a dozen button quail, and half hatched one day the other half hatched almost 12 hours later.

My first time hatching coturnix quail eggs too ! They’ve been in incubator for only 12 days and one hatched already on the 12th day !!!! Is that normal ? Seems to be doing fine ! She/he is our little miracle ! Waiting for the others to hatch soon! Very exciting !!!

First time hatching! I put 31 quail eggs in the incubator today! Eggs are local pickup.

Incubator is a lightly used Brinsea Octagon Advance I got for a steal off Facebook marketplace. Temperature is set for 37.5°C and I have a Mercury thermometer inside to double-check temp is correct. Humidity is set at 40%. I will up to 65% for lockdown.

Also trying out Hatch-a-Batch and Hatch Keeper apps
IMG_20200621_191843_646.jpg
to see which I prefer!

Back
Top Bottom