Quail escaped.

-Chanticleer-

Crowing
May 18, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Any chances of my quail coming back if I sit food out? They escaped through a tiny hole under they gate. They constantly bathed in the same spot, so much it created a hole for them to crawl underneath. If I sit food out will they possibly come back? It was two female coturnix around 7 weeks. The other four were too fat to go underneath.

Ehhhhh ok. I’ve had them for a week or so. I took a nap, woke up to do a head count and two were gone. The others were trying to escape through the hole. Their enclosure is pretty big for six birds. I guess you can’t tame wild birds. Hope they don’t die out there. I’ll be lining the bottom with the metal cloth stuff and then rocks around the the bottom to deter them from dust bathing over the wire. Still a little hope as it happened today and my yard is completely enclosed. Hopefully they are hiding in the garden and will find the food.

Ehhhhh ok. I’ve had them for a week or so. I took a nap, woke up to do a head count and two were gone. The others were trying to escape through the hole. Their enclosure is pretty big for six birds. I guess you can’t tame wild birds. Hope they don’t die out there. I’ll be lining the bottom with the metal cloth stuff and then rocks around the the bottom to deter them from dust bathing over the wire. Still a little hope as it happened today and my yard is completely enclosed. Hopefully they are hiding in the garden and will find the food.
If you have a butterfly net, walk around your yard, especially through or near places where they can hide. When they flush, you can catch them with the net.

Good news and bad news. Good news they came back. Bad news something ate them as they were trying to get back in. Went out to check for them and all I found was feathers. Will squirrels eat quails??

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom