Quail Hatching Issues

Tanner Heil

Hatching
Jun 24, 2023
So I have California valley quail eggs and are past day 22 they have all pipped, and broke the shell but then just stopped, and didn't hatch! Should I open them? I helped one, and it pipped/broke shell on day 20 so I helped and its doing fine. But I'm wondering why the others are just not unzipping. HELP??

So I have California valley quail eggs and are past day 22 they have all pipped, and broke the shell but then just stopped, and didn't hatch! Should I open them? I helped one, and it pipped/broke shell on day 20 so I helped and its doing fine. But I'm wondering why the others are just not unzipping. HELP??
How long ago did they pip? If it has been longer than 36 hrs, I would be assisting. Run the shower in your bathroom to humidify the room and then turn it off. Grab an egg and moisten the membrane with coconut oil. Slowly start to peel away at the membrane and shell, to mimic a zip. Stop immediately if the blood veins look full. Once you think it can push itself out, put it back in the incubator. Good luck :)

How long ago did they pip? If it has been longer than 36 hrs, I would be assisting. Run the shower in your bathroom to humidify the room and then turn it off. Grab an egg and moisten the membrane with coconut oil. Slowly start to peel away at the membrane and shell, to mimic a zip. Stop immediately if the blood veins look full. Once you think it can push itself out, put it back in the incubator. Good luck :)
Hi, so I was trying to start a conversation with you but couldn't figure out how, but I am having a similar problem. A few of my quail eggs pipped the day day before yesterday with no progress,. They are still moving and peeping but that's all. I really don't want to assist unless I have to. Thanks!

Hi, so I was trying to start a conversation with you but couldn't figure out how, but I am having a similar problem. A few of my quail eggs pipped the day day before yesterday with no progress,. They are still moving and peeping but that's all. I really don't want to assist unless I have to. Thanks!
Hi! If you don't want to assist, the next best thing is to moisten any exposed membrane with coconut oil. It sounds like they may be shrink wrapped. Make sure the humidity is around 60%. The peeping is a good sign :)

Hi! If you don't want to assist, the next best thing is to moisten any exposed membrane with coconut oil. It sounds like they may be shrink wrapped. Make sure the humidity is around 60%. The peeping is a good sign :)
Hi, thanks for your reply! I went ahead and assisted four of the eggs and so far three have hatched and are doing well. I think they were definitely ready to come out!

Back
Top Bottom