Quail Incubation Questions

It looks like maybe a mixing of colors issue versus getting "pure" colors? Or did that person buy a variety pack of eggs? They sell both. Main reason I was interested in them is that they're in the same state as I am so less travel for the eggs. Myshire in OH isn't that far though either. Are there any other recommended places to buy from? It seems quail are sold on far less sites than chickens.

Only thing I will add to the above mentioned already is, if the eggs are shipped and it is warm weather, do not 'rest' them in ambient conditions but put them immediately in the incubator to rest with the turner 'off'.
Durning warm weather the likelyhood of the embryos already developing is greater than during cooler weather.

Only thing I will add to the above mentioned already is, if the eggs are shipped and it is warm weather, do not 'rest' them in ambient conditions but put them immediately in the incubator to rest with the turner 'off'.
Durning warm weather the likelyhood of the embryos already developing is greater than during cooler weather.
What is considered warm? Our temperatures right now are generally 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit. Might be closer to 80 by the time I order anything.

Does everyone leave the bator closed and let the chicks stay in there for a couple days while the rest hatch? Or do you move fluffed chicks to the brooder while you've got other eggs pipped?

What is considered warm? Our temperatures right now are generally 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit. Might be closer to 80 by the time I order anything.
If it's 80°F, I immediately upon receipt of the eggs, place them in the incubator. 80°F ambient temp, add to the heat build up in a truck and you will have the eggs starting to develop....if they are fertile.

Does everyone leave the bator closed and let the chicks stay in there for a couple days while the rest hatch? Or do you move fluffed chicks to the brooder while you've got other eggs pipped?
I don't leave mine in the incubator longer than 8 hours. Unlike chicken chicks, quail chicks need to be watered and have feed available to them within 12 hours after hatching.

Back
Top Bottom