Quail Pens/Housing

This is the plans for the one I build got plan/idea hear I like yours too can you give me some measurements thank you

Sam347 what are the dimensions of your coop?

Last edited:
I have 18 coturnix and 7 bobwhite in these setups
These are my two hanging wire cages they currently house 6 coturnix

they are held up by bungee cords on a homemade metal frame

trough feeders; the bungee cords are holding the paper roof cover down

This is the trough waterer made of PVC with end caps that hook directly on the wire

This is my Bobwhite breeding cage, made it out of a portable dog fence and a plywood box, there is plastic netting on the roof

This is a closer view of the box and the heated water dish

These are two breeding pairs of bobwhite underneath a dogwood bush

This is one of my pharaoh coturnix in the egg laying cages

This is where my extra bobwhite hens go, I currently have 3 in there (it has a roof for rainy/snowy days)
Inside view of the female bob cage, I will be adding a cozy hut with shavings soon for winter

This is th other half of the female bob cage, It is housing 12 coturnix

Inside view of coturnix cage, with an Italian hen enjoying a dust bath! (I added a heat lamp today to promote egg laying)

all of the cotunix cages(and female bobwhite)

All of my quail cages

The roofing is a wax paper type thind that is water proof, I mainly use it to keep them out of rain and wind, they will all be in the ground pen in winter

This is my Quail Tractor. I didnt like the idea of cleaning up under them all the time or emptying trays regularly, so i thought of a chicken tractor and designed it to roll around the yard moving it every couple of days. It turned out super lightweight and easy to move.

I purchased a commercial battery cage from a seller in Baton Rouge, LA. The cage is all stainless steel with rubber covered wire flooring. Originally 48 cages. Four tiers of 12 cages each. I modified the cages, removing every other cage partition. Now I have a battery that consists of 24 cages. 1 male to 3 females. Automatic waterers, and stainless steel feed trough. Really the best cage system I have ever had.

Chicken-Farmer

I purchased a commercial battery cage from a seller in Baton Rouge, LA. The cage is all stainless steel with rubber covered wire flooring. Originally 48 cages. Four tiers of 12 cages each. I modified the cages, removing every other cage partition. Now I have a battery that consists of 24 cages. 1 male to 3 females. Automatic waterers, and stainless steel feed trough. Really the best cage system I have ever had.

Chicken-Farmer
What is the manufacturer of those cages? I like them for laying cot hens are to raise up butcher birds. Next week I am getting a GQF 15 section breeder pen but I am removing the dividers to have 2 trios of snowflake bobwhite, 2 trios of valley, and a trio of gambel.

Back
Top Bottom