Quail shelter

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Tikkajazz94, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

2. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Looks great, if I were using it outdoors I would probably use welded wire with smaller holes so coons, cats, or other predators cant get their greedy little paws in there but that is a FANTASTIC design for a secondary brooder, I might build one like it for my chicks and a second one for my quail [​IMG] Thanks for sharing

3. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

No problem. [​IMG] I wanna share this idea of mine. Im looking a chicken coops. So I was thinking this one https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=35011 and than putting the other one I posted and building the boux for the quail inside. the runs would be not together. It will be great [​IMG] My best plan ever

4. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    That is a BEAUTIFUL coop, congrats on that

5. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I'd personally rather have the doors in the front. I like low ceiling as well. Here's one I bu[​IMG]ilt for my coturnix . But each & to his or her own.

6. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    7L that is great too, I am going to build several setups similar to this design in an open air shed

7. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    I'm still pretty new to quail, but I felt like I learned my lesson when I started out with them in a large rabbit hutch which opened from the top.
    Yep! Up and out! The good news? I can still move fast enough to get to them before the dog!! [​IMG]
    I wholeheartedly encourage doors that open front or side....

8. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm glad and bet they are that your faster than the dog..lol...

Mine are in cages that open from the front, and they are so friendly , they've been know to get to close to the edge and fall out! [​IMG] luckily , I have them in the house.

We named one hen "Thud"! She's so big, she just drops like a lead balloon. LOL!

9. navasima

navasima Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    New Mexico
    Thanks alot Critter Place!!! That actually made coffee come out of my nose !! Thud! [​IMG]

10. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Quote:[​IMG]

I'm Sorry... Really I am..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by