Phanata

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
She can still peck at stuff but her beak hurts and is bleeding she hurt her beak today when she flew around
Her beak is still in line and she can still drink water and have a sand bath should I take her to the vet later?
8FFF5DCD-E555-4D8E-960A-2C626AF11331.jpeg

what do I do :(
90CDD4F0-E439-462C-A552-A2B9E3F4D9A4.jpeg

I’m not an expert, but if you keep it clean, it will probably heal, and be a bit wonky, I can’t tell for sure, but it looks pretty close to the tip, so it may even grow out. I’d say a concern will be other birds pecking the blood on her beak, and until it’s clean and dried and you know she’s eating, you should keep her alone. You can also give a supplement in her water in case she’s eating less from pain, but tbh it doesn’t look too bad, I think she’ll be ok.

I’m not an expert, but if you keep it clean, it will probably heal, and be a bit wonky, I can’t tell for sure, but it looks pretty close to the tip, so it may even grow out. I’d say a concern will be other birds pecking the blood on her beak, and until it’s clean and dried and you know she’s eating, you should keep her alone. You can also give a supplement in her water in case she’s eating less from pain, but tbh it doesn’t look too bad, I think she’ll be ok.
She is eating fine now that I crushed up her food and she is alone and drinking plenty of water so she should be good if it gets bad I’ll take her to the vet

always remember quail's self heal is way more powerful than most doctor's pescribed medicine..all they need is the right environment--clean bedding,good food and fresh water ,shelter and draft free😊..she'll be fine don't worry

It's great that you're wiling to take her to the vet :yesss:
Luckily, it doesn't look too bad, so she might heal up on her own. It's good to have the vet as an option in case it gets worse though.

This exact thing happened to my poor girl! She was all healed up well in about 2-3 weeks but I had to feed her for a few days because she absolutely refused to do it herself, a stubborn one she is, haha. As long as she's hydrated and eats ok then I think she'll be ok!

-edit- I separated her until she was healed but if you think she's good enough to be with the flock then do what you think is best, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom