My heart is in pieces. At this point she doesn’t even get up if it’s not necessary. She sleeps all day. She’s no longer interested in sand or wood shavings. She eats a very small amount of food and drinks even less. Her legs got shaky and she became suspiciously tame, she doesn’t get startled if I try to touch her from above. She falls asleep in my hands if I hold her. So I decided I’m going to get the poor bird euthanized.
I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the hardest decision in the life of a pet owner.

For my two cents, I think you're doing the right thing. It's so hard to see them suffer and so hard to end it, especially when you love them.

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is the hardest decision in the life of a pet owner.

For my two cents, I think you're doing the right thing. It's so hard to see them suffer and so hard to end it, especially when you love them.
Ditto! @Nabiki, echos my sentiments, exactly!!!

@007Sean @Nabiki
The euthanasia got postponed
I sat down with my bird on Sunday to pet her one last time and tell her how much I love her and that I’m really sorry for having to do this. When I put her down to the ground, she sat down, I fed her some grapes, and the next thing I know is that she is able to walk properly. I didn’t do anything, she stopped limping out of nowhere (and she’s been limping since September). If this isn’t a miracle of God, I don’t know what is! I almost thought it was just a weird dream but it really did happen.
Now if I look a bit more closer, she still isn’t putting that much pressure on that one leg but she’s clearly walking better now. She still sits down a lot and her eye is still swollen but we’ll see how it goes. Thank you for your help, it really means a lot to me.

I was being too confident when I said she’s doing better. She needs to be put down I think.
I'm so sorry to hear this, it's a common occurance, it's called the rise before the fall. I'm a community care worker and I do a lot of work with palliative clients, they always have an upturn before they slip away. I've observed the same with animals. I think it's a dump of adrenalin before the body gives up, im not sure of the science behind it xx

Back
Top Bottom