1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

QuailShaQ 101.1

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MobyQuail, Apr 25, 2011.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    strippers= good.
    cages= very nice.
    price= excellent.
    task= well done.

2. Dirk Chesterfield

Dirk Chesterfield Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Sweet deal. I'm jealous.

3. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Quote:Thanks Bill. I honestly had no intention of goin' with these type of cages or pair breeding, but the deal was too good to be true. I generally keep my bobs in groups in aviaries on the ground. Since these things were cheap, and I plan on expandin' my prison population anyway, I'll try 'em out with the batch of Butlers that I got from JJ. I somehow feel that this system won't be as interesting as puttin' a bunch of them together in a big pen and lettin' the inmates fight it out UFC style.

I'm gonna' try to frame it up this week if I find the time. I spent the last couple weeks on and off buildin' this fine peafowl breeding pen, and I'm tired of buildin' stuff. Maybe I'll see if any of them strippers can swing a hammer. That is, if they'll ever speak to me again after my goats trashed their Lexus.

Here's a couple pics of my latest creation, complete with delux skylight on the roof. And thanks to Model-A and Dirk for the congrats on my most excellent score.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    We can swing a hammer, it just breaks our nails and can blow out a disc or 6 which are valuable for the pole maneuvers and various arching movements...we get stuck and have to walk like crabs the rest of our lives. So look elsewhere dude, to your friends maybe who would want us back for the "after barnraising non amish style barbque". [​IMG]
    Oh and we'll only come if FatDaddy is in charge of the BBQ recipe, as you know he is a former champion.

Nice cages....I was secretly stoked at my "drive by scavenger score" (is there anything better than a find like this? ....really, getting something that you'd pay hundreds for, for dollars) of 30x30 x 16 stacking rabbit cages 4 for $40, galvanized with dropping trays in perfect conditon with the company name and 800 number on em sparkly shiny so I could order more someday.

But that is a SCORE!!!!! I am jealous too. And in the same boat. DH has offered to build the ShaQ around these priceless gems of a find. It is going up piece by piece. We are tired of building too.

But I tell you. That is a nice Peafowl pen....tajmahal, truly. Any thing you put up is sure to be nice model A.
    And no, I never did pole maneuvers...I was a tom girl. I was out ruining my back on horses in the mountains and building shaQs, having high speed impact accidents with animals of all varieties in my young and vibrant years, but it crossed my mind for the $$$ many time. [​IMG] Lot of those girls are doctors and lawyers now, at least the ones I knew in the Phoenix /ASU general vacinity.

Tonya

5. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Tonya, you girl, are truly a "keeper".

6. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    Quote:Those are similar to the cages I have been using . having done plumbing work in a previous life I make the racks for mine out of 3/4" PVC pipe and just T fittnings if I were to do it over I would have used 1" PVC once you starting setting the cages on the frames they are barely too light but have lasted about a year and a half now [​IMG]

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:+1, COULD'NT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!!! [​IMG] Bill

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:I can't take credit, though of course I would like to, this is "MilleBantam's" brilliance shining through!

its one hella pen for sure! top notch, Mille, We need a virtual tour of the rest of your "ShaQ"

9. kahlertm

kahlertm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    Durango, Colorado
    I get inspired and easily confused when I see awesome livestock structures. I like shoes and pretty clothes too, but they come pretty far down the list comparably...Credit to Millebantam indeed. Hard to follow who is posting sometimes.

Tonya

10. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:Trump would say, "stop selling when its already sold"... you were a 10.0 before posting this [​IMG]

just wanted to give Mille his just. all good.

off to my real job, TD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by