1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

QuailShaQ 101.1

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MobyQuail, Apr 25, 2011.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    unfortunate setback with the QuailShaQ, but when they arrive they are getting GBS,
    but when they are about finishing age 8+ weeks, I am thinking about feeding some of them maple syrup and brown sugar, maybe whey protein powder mixed in their smoothies?

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    captain's log: stardate 05112011

postal service delivered a setback today. 6/17 survive, I think the survivors have a desired "perseverance gene" after what they went through, this should be selectively bred for along with size, type and color at the QuailShaQ.

3. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    just adding pics here for timeline.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Feed 'em a little buckshot before the next "weigh-in" to speed the program along and shut the critics up.

5. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:ROFL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Heck Feed Em Enough And They Might Even Reach Moby Quail Status... Just Get The Pix Quick Before Lead Poisoning Takes Over [​IMG]

7. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    past 3 days and these are some of my eggs from 2-3 of my white hens,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I have figured out which hens they are and I think the eggs are "decent" size and I would like to incubate them, I just don't have a big enough roo to cross them with yet.

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    This weekend at The QuailShaQ,

we hung out with some new friends,

[​IMG]

The QuailTractor was undergoing some modifications.

[​IMG]

and we scored an old hand-crafted pen that could use a good bio-cleaning and security analysis.

[​IMG]

9. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Well..... after I sobered up from my epic "End of the World Blowout", and kicked the comatose strippers out of my house, I managed to crawl my way to a local auction barn, and bought a bunch of quail compartment cages. These things are new, never used, and have pitched egg catching flooring and plastic dividers. I couldn't believe nobody was biddin' on 'em and I picked up 6 of them for 7 bucks a piece! Now I have to muster up enough energy to build a frame to stack 'em.

[​IMG]

10. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    What a score... You have breeding pairs in mind? I mean quail, not strippers... But either way, what a score man!! [​IMG] Bill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by