1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

QuailShaQ 101.1

Discussion in 'Quail' started by MobyQuail, Apr 25, 2011.

1. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Brooders:

3- 30 gallon rubbermaid totes and covers, old screen lying around to use for windows.
    3 red 250 watt brooder lights
    thermometers
    white paper towels over pine shavings.
    GBS
    small quail fountains

---need marbles.

brooders almost ready.

2. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis

Johnny Cash-Walk The Line

3. catsmithpuddin

catsmithpuddin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2009
    haughton louisiana
    The end result I am looking for is saving money on marbles in the chicks water bowl. Thinking of crossing my biggest (21oz) coturnix hens with that mutt duck in the back yard. Problem solved![​IMG]

4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:I like it ALOT! welcome to our ShaQ.

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    getting excited, soon, we have Quail chicks coming from a reputable source and Quail eggs coming from another reputable source,
    byc is great, to be able to start with quality stock/bloodlines and lean on the shoulders of giants to see over the clouds.
    thanks all, TD

6. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    QuailShaQ looks like the place for all of us to collectively "think tank" some seriously stupid names for the common brown coturnix quail. Once accomplished, people can sell them to new victims on Ebay for big cake. Oh wait...............nevermind.................it's already been done.

I gotta think of somethin' new. Wish I didn't drink so much.

7. Riffecreek

Riffecreek Chukar Junky

May 29, 2010
    Dunnville, Ky.
    Quote:Like the albino coturnix eggs listed [​IMG] ummm wonder if they don't know any better or just to lure in new victims??

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:Like the albino coturnix eggs listed [​IMG] ummm wonder if they don't know any better or just to lure in new victims??

do they have a pink yolk?

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL

I VOTE FOR #1 [​IMG]

10. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    Here's an excerpt from a page of my Mobyquail Project Journal.

DAY 16: "I have been sprayin' my jumbos with the garden hose 3 or 4 times a day now, tryin' to piss 'em off enough to trigger the "Incredible Hulk Gene". I expect to one day wake up to green quail as big as turkeys."

"I have attempted the same experiment with my Cambodian Boneless White-meat Giants, but since they are boneless, and cannot run away from the stream of water, several of them have drowned. A small sacrifice in the name of science."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by