QuailShaQ 101.1

Ok Model-A since you asked for a "visual tour", here is another of my creations, the "Rabbit ShaQ". I'm probably gonna' use a similar design to incorporate those quail cages that I just picked up.

19063_000_3513.jpg

19063_000_3512.jpg

19063_000_3511.jpg

This setup has 10 individual compartments and is equipped with automatic watering system.

This pen is one of my many "Red Golden Pheasant ShaQ's". Right now it temporarily houses a couple of freeloadin yearling peacocks.

19063_000_3716.jpg

This is one of my "Mandarin Duck/Lady Amhearst Pheasant/ Bobwhite ShaQ's"

19063_000_3712.jpg

Hey Mille, Do ya ever have trouble with BIG WIND blow'in pens over? Some of yours look taller than mine and with more "sail surface" if you will... Are your post set in crete? I really like the looks of some of your rigs. Got a bunch of small wire pens that would work in your rabbit set up really well. I just got to get this Kansas wind worked out. I cant keep come'in home and find'in pens lay'in down.

BTW, model A, While I agree his stuff is slap yo momma good. My momma is a elderly Virginia lady with dimples where knuckles used to be... SHE DONT PLAY THAT!!! But just to keep up I did slap the pi$$ out of the mail man. He didnt understand I guess, seemed a bit put out. Threw my mail down and stomped off rubb'in his face
wink.png
Bill

Well, to keep them from blowing over you could put posts around them and tie them all off. Or you could use 4x4's as legs and cement them. When a storm hit here I tied them to four posts that were burried 2 feet underground with cement. The only problem I had was that the dirt washed out from under the legs and they weren't level...

Quote:
Hey Bill. I never have any trouble with wind blowin' anything over. You live smack dab in the middle of that Wizard of Oz weather. I can't for the life of me understand how anybody can live somewhere that can be vaporized at any second. Kinda like sittin' on a grenade and Mother Nature's got her finger on the pin. I live in coastal Rhode Island, and we get a hurricane every 20 or 30 years, but at least with a hurricane you have a couple days to prepare for it.

Maybe you could use those 4x4 anchors that they sell at Home Depot. They're like a big ole' spike that you drive into the ground about 2 feet. The part that's above ground is a square pocket that fits the end of the 4x4, and you lag bolt it in. These will only work for you if your pen's legs are 4x4, but you could always sister two 2x4's together for a good fit. You can find them in the section where they have the deck building supplies.

Last edited:
Mille, I totally see myself "borrowing/leaning heavily on" your rabbit ShaQ architectural genius for a city limits mini QuailShaQ. I have a perfect place in the yard here in suburbia for it, thanks again for the pics, real good stuff.

came home from seeing the in-laws, checked the closet incubators @16:00, no action.

I had set ~30 eggs, jumbo browns and jumbo whites that JJ sent me, 2 weeks ago- this past friday 5/13 @21:00
was wondering "if" they would pop on day 17, 18, 19... darn LG, still air, giving me issues on days 12-14 (98-102)...finally holding steady @100...

so, just checked the bator again, 2 hatched so far
ya.gif
, 1 zipped and a couple pipped more pipped and pushing hard.
celebrate.gif

QuailPopCorn @ the QuailShaQ, and now- the QuailQuest for the
hu.gif
"Great White Quail", humbly begins.

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom