QUESA IS GIVING BIRTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Nope, not necessarily... a timberwolf, malamute cross is deamed a hybrid. In typical every day a hybrid is used to describe a wild domestic cross, so for instance a Savannah cat is a hybrid cat, or a feral domestic is a hybrid....

Sure, they're mixes, but they're AMAZING mixes, I love my crosses. I'd call a mutt a heinz 57, a dog you don't knwo what the entire parentage is, we rescue litters of puppies from farms where they'd be killed because they're worth nothing there, and we get what we call mutts, where 3 or more breeds are involved in the cross, so a lab shepherd x, and a goldie rottie x as parents, would make a mutt... four breeds involved.

It makes sense.

Meh...I took the akc paper b/c I bought the puppy and they handed it to me. I love my dogs, but regret that I bought them from a breeder instead of saving one from a shelter (although my friends can tell you I tried for months to find one there). I got my animals fixed because in my world/life, that's the right thing to do. The fact that they have papers has nothing to do with that and I couldn't even tell you where they are! hehe

You can call them mutts or hybrids. They are still mixes and there are tons of those at the shelters.

I was trying to be nice, but this thread is so not going to go there, I can tell, so I'm stepping out.

Enjoy the pups.

hybrid means the combonation of 2 or more things to make something better or more pleasing. ur pups are SO CUTE! i love the buff and the yellow.. the waves in the fur is gorgous. ! congrats they all look super healthy
ya.gif

Quote:
Oh I understand, we have a CKC registered girl... the mother of these puppies is registered, and we would have bought an unregistered but we wanted her to be okay for breeding to a toy poodle as well. We're not just a cross breeder, we're also a full-time puppy rescue, we rescue whole litters of puppies from farms in Saskatchewan around our own farm, where they would otherwise be killed due to lack of demand. We take almost any litter, as long as the puppies are in perfect health. Underweight puppies are fed up, recooperate, and we then adopt them out to respectful and loving homes in Ontario. We have found homes for nearly 20 litters so far, and intend on continueing to find homes for these litters rather than have them end up dead, or in the shelters.

Some people just don't care about the papers, but in Canada...it's a status symbol, and all the dog is, is a trophy for them to flaunt...that's why so many purebred dogs end up in our shelters, because they're just trophies and when the novelty of a puppy wears off... they throw them at the shelters.

My parents have a Yorkiepoo. Man that MUTT was expensive!

Look here's what's going on. Chick_a_dee bred her 2 dogs and they had beautiful puppies together. That's her business. She came on BYC to let us all know she has new puppies because she was excited and thought everyone would be happy for her. Instead she gets dumped on for producing "mutt" puppies.

I for one am happy for Chick_a_dee. Her puppies look great and the mother is doing just fine.

If this thread gets locked it's because of the people who have their noses in the air about mutt puppies and making unnecessary comments. Comments have already had to be removed by mods. If you feel you may type something offensive then click the big red X on the top right of your screen and walk away.

I'm really starting to wonder what's going on here at BYC lately. All the flamming and rudeness is so unBYClike.

Chick_a_dee , Don't defend yourself, if people are speaking against you, then look away. The issues of breeding are between you and your vet.
We had a newfoundland/german shepard once, the neighbors dog...1 foot shorter and smaller male stood on the door step! So where there is a will, there will be a way.
Either way, congrats on the pups, even how homely they are right now, can't wait to see pics once they are up and moving! Their coloring is really neat.
Have a great day and poo poo on those that are stinkers.

Thanks to those of you who have brains
smile.png
Quesa and her babies are doint great, they're all fast asleep right now, and already we've noticed one looks JUST like it's dad, and one just like Quesa.

What I say to people is, only a doodle owner would know how great it is to own one, how goofy they are, and how silly they can be.. Nacho, our stud likes to think he's big and tough, but thinks he is from under the bed!

What people don't understand is that purebreds have as many issues if not more, as crossbreds... Chihuahua's almost ALWAYS have to have C-Sections, the same with other smaller breeds, like Toy Yorkies, and Teacup poodles. Anyway, lets think of it this way, and a rather silly way at that...it's like in Harry Potter, with Voldemort and his pureblood mania, Hermione is a muggleborn and twice the witch any other Pureblood could be! ... What's next? We're going to hate on mixed race people because they're not pure enough? That's exactly what the purebred maniacs do with dogs.

It all comes full circle, through all our lives, and affects every one of us, even if it's on the smallest scale... like with dogs or chickens.

Plus, flaming is lame... how old are these people anyway?

Quote:
1)I'm not sure why you think someone that disagrees with you does not have brains.

2)You're flaming as well when you say things like that. I'm not sure why you doing it makes it acceptable and less "lame".
hu.gif

I didn't see the flames, but I hope the powers that be make this thread die soon.

Congrats!
Glad to hear the pups weren't to large for the mother to handle birth with.

Glad to hear everyone is okay! I want to see more pictures of the pups all dry!

Very cute
wee.gif

FYI--I am not at all picking on mutts--or the OP for that matter. I was speaking of the medical dangers of large males and smaller female. As long as you take care of your puppies, and place them in good homes where they get fixed, I am all for you mixing whatever it is you like!!
smile.png
Most C-section I have seen in my 10 years have been from large male situations, they are not limited to certain breeds.

I was just commenting on the price of the "hybrids" in the pet stores, not really referring to your situation. They sell them for more than pure breeds!! Oh, and I am all for not getting pure breeds. That is all I ever had and they are TROUBLE!!
big_smile.png
My Scout is a purebreed from a "reputable" breeder and she is a Von Willebrands dog...... and I am the idiot who paid $1000 for her!!!
lol.png

From OP:
Thanks to those of you who have brains

Plus, flaming is lame... how old are these people anyway?

Oh, my brain works well too. 31yrs old and I have been teaching chemistry and chemical engineering at the university level full time for 5 years as well as being a certified vet tech! My brain has served me well!! But thank you for worrying about it!
cool.png
lol.png

Lets all pratice what we preach!​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom