QUESA IS GIVING BIRTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the issue is one regarding "Purebred vs. mutt" ......

I believe the issue, is breeding just any dog, and making more puppies, when there are countless puppies, and adult dogs, wasting away in shelters, only to be met with the wonderful euthanasia needle.

The thing with responsible breeders is, they breed for the standard of perfection for that "breed" and most dogs have some sort of "merit" towards their name....championships, trials, etc. I'm not saying these are important in my eyes, but...yeah....I could go on and on, but it's not going to get anywhere....

I won't say much, because every time I say something in a post like this it is removed, locked, and someday I will get BANNED!! I think purebreds and mutts can be great dogs. I personally am for spay/neuter, but if you can find loving homes for all the pups, than that is your choice to make and that is fine. I am more of a goat/chicken/horse/ person, and not much of a dog person, but they are certainly cute!! As for the big male/little female, IDK. I have heard about a year ago of this with a goat, but who knows. Our friends with pygmys went to the sale barn and bought a young, chubby pygmy doe. Well a couple weeks later she was acting weird, and they realized she was giving birth. She was having a lot of problems. So they called the vet, and the kids were far too large for this young doe, under a year old, to deliver, so the vet had to disassemble the already dead kids [there were two I think], and turns out from the look of the dead kids, she was bred to a boer. Now for you non-goat people, here are the weight differences. An ADULT pygmy doe may weight about 40-60 pounds, and one this age would weight about 30, and a boer buck may weight 250-300 pounds, maybe more. I don't know about a dog though, as I have no exerience with dog breeding, and don't plan on it. Enjoy your pups!!!

sad.png

Quote:
1)I'm not sure why you think someone that disagrees with you does not have brains.

2)You're flaming as well when you say things like that. I'm not sure why you doing it makes it acceptable and less "lame".
hu.gif

I didn't see the flames, but I hope the powers that be make this thread die soon.

Yep.

I don't think the issue is one regarding "Purebred vs. mutt" ......

I believe the issue, is breeding just any dog, and making more puppies, when there are countless puppies, and adult dogs, wasting away in shelters, only to be met with the wonderful euthanasia needle.

The thing with responsible breeders is, they breed for the standard of perfection for that "breed" and most dogs have some sort of "merit" towards their name....championships, trials, etc. I'm not saying these are important in my eyes, but...yeah....I could go on and on, but it's not going to get anywhere....

And Yep.

Cute puppies, but Im one who doesnt agree with breeding dogs and cats (And other animals) when thousands die each year.
wink.png

I don't like topics like this, I try to stay away from them and have til now. Although I am glad to find out that I am brainless!

I am alittle confussed though, the op keeps knocking purebred dogs, but has mentioned several times that they own and breed purebreds?!

Anyway, not the point, I didn't hear anyone knocking mutts, all I heard was people disagreeing with the idea of breeding and selling them when they could drive to their local animal shelter and get one for a fraction of the cost! But I guess that's part of the bragging rights, I heard recently from someone who had adopted a boxer/lab cross from the shelter, they were later in a pet store that had the same cross of over $1000! And some guy getting ready to buy one, the other person told them about the ones at the shelter they the guy told him the price was part of the bragging rights! I would have told him I'd go get one of those shelter pups and charge him twice the price of the petstore puppies, then he'd really have something to brag about!!

If I want a hypoallergenic non shedding dog I think I will pick from one of the breeds already out there, there is already a very nice doodle breed out there! It's called a poodle! And if I want a mutt I'll go an get one from a shelter, personally I'd be embarrassed to tell anyone I paid a breeder for a mixed breed dog!

It's true people can do what they want with their dogs, if they want they can even skip a few steps and drive the puppies to the pound themselves! Doesn't mean I have to like it, and this is the very reason I no longer bother to rescue, not because of the poor dogs, but I can't deal with the people anymore. For every one I manage to get rescued there are a million more being pumped out because their dogs are just so great and so much more special then the ones already out there! And after all it is their dog(s) and they can do what they want and it's none of my business.

The allure of a purebred is just the fact of knowing what you are getting, what size it will be, and type of coat, temperment, etc., with mutt you just don't have that. Now if you are not overly particular you can go by a shelter or go to petfinder.com and search through the avaliable dogs til you find one that appeals to you.

I am also one that would never have bred that tiny dog to that bigger one, things can go badly even when breeding dogs of the same size, but she wasn't my dog to risk and I'm glad it turned out good!

The crazy thing is I tried for years to get people to see how great mutts could be! And it's finally happened! And are there now less needy homeless dogs out there? No, now we're purposefully breeding for them and charged big bucks!! Dogs that find themselves in shelters are still just as screwed as they ever were, and would you believe I can still easilier find a home for a purebred pulled from the shelter then I can for the designer mutts? (and yes we get plenty)

What can I say people are crazy!!

Quote:
Well it sounds like YOU are knocking mutts right there.

And after all it is their dog(s) and they can do what they want and it's none of my business.

So funny that you say that and yet you are getting in someone's business about what they're doing with their dogs.

I was trying to be nice, but this thread is so not going to go there, I can tell, so I'm stepping out

Funny how people keep saying things like this but then they come back to argue more.​

Quote:
Funny how people keep saying things like this but then they come back to argue more.

That is exactly what I was thinking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom