Question about a duck pond

cheepcheep3

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 25, 2013
Michigan
So I have 10 ducks and they currently use a little blue pool as their pond but it is impossible to keep it clean for more than a day so every day I have to bucket it out and start again! And it's pretty shallow so my question is would getting a koi pond with a filter last longer (as in stay cleaner) than my current system? I'm currently looking at a 270 gallon pond that has a pump (koolscapes is the brand). With the pump how often would I have to clean it out?
Thanks so much! :)

So I have 10 ducks and they currently use a little blue pool as their pond but it is impossible to keep it clean for more than a day so every day I have to bucket it out and start again! And it's pretty shallow so my question is would getting a koi pond with a filter last longer (as in stay cleaner) than my current system? I'm currently looking at a 270 gallon pond that has a pump (koolscapes is the brand). With the pump how often would I have to clean it out?
Thanks so much! :)
I have 16 ducks and 2 geese and use a small kiddy pool, yep it's a pain in the patooty to keep clean, I usually run fresh water into at least 4-5 times a day because they love to splash it all out and when I clean it I use a hose to siphon the water out to keep around the pool less muddy, Haha thats was funny huh.but anyway here is a link to much info that may help till someone who can give you individual attention comes in https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=Duck+ponds

Back
Top Bottom