Question about Blue/Splash/Black

weegarden

Songster
8 Years
Jul 17, 2014
Hi there, I got some blue silkie chicks, and I have a question. I have some that look just about like my white silkie chicks in color. Are they considered light splash? Of course there are some blue, and some darker, but there are a few of these very light ones. Can you show any color of splash? I have not begun to show and am just working to better my flock and to learn as much as I can right now. :) Thanks for your help. Here is a picture of my babies. Which of these would be the most desirable?

Last edited:
You know when I ordered blues from the hatchery, (they sent me 4 blues, 2 black, and 2 splash) I thought the same thing: they sent me some white Silkies. Splash Silkies almost look like whites, but they actually look a bit more yellow-ish to me. They will get more gray flecks in them as they age, and are one of my favorite colors. Here's the only one that would somewhat cooperate for a picture. I'm not really experienced in showing, but she looked the same as yours do now when she arrived. I've never heard of a "light splash" variety, but who knows! About two months old here.

Last edited:
Thanks for writing. That looks like a cutie!!!! I am thinking that I really like the light ones too. They are always adorable, but that is really precious! :)

Back
Top Bottom